Another Thread - Got my CCDW Permit - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another Thread - Got my CCDW Permit

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton Felix View Post
    Interesting: "Concealed Carry Deadly Weapon." Here in Washington, it's "Concealed Pistol License," and even though I wear a .45 I can be in trouble for my everyday folding knife (Al Mar SERE 2000), depending on where I am. Does your license allow you to carry "deadly weapons" other than pistols? Makes sense to me. Heck, I heard of a guy who carried a broadsword.
    Nope... Laws related to knives and other weapons still take precedence over the LTC. Tell me that how makes sense. Oh wait, what here in MA makes sense?
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Here in ND, it's called a Concealed Weapon Permit, and type is listed as: Firearm & Dangerous Weapon. So, basically, we carry whatever we want (knives, swords, nunchucks, machetes...). It's a good state to live in.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Here in ND, it's called a Concealed Weapon Permit, and type is listed as: Firearm & Dangerous Weapon. So, basically, we carry whatever we want (knives, swords, nunchucks, machetes...). It's a good state to live in.
    Same here in Arizona, Concealed Weapon Permit. Any weapon we want to conceal. Another good state to live in.
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Well, It gets really cold, but yea... The laws are better...

In MA it's a license to carry firearms. It gives the bearer no other right to self protection via another weapon. So I do carry a knife, but most of the time it's the smaller one (less than 3" blade)...

Peace..
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

In Michigan it's a CPL or Concealed Pistol Permit although many people refer to it as a CCW or carry concealed weapon permit. I favor the TDI Ka Bar and I carried it on my gear for a couple of years until somehow it was lost. It's illegal to carry it here in MI as a civilian though, since you have to carry a folding knife unless you're going hunting.

Kentucky has good weapons laws too. Its worded a "Concealed Deadly Weapon License"

List of items covered by Kentucky Permit

* Any weapon from which a shot, readily capable of producing death or serious physical injury, may be discharged.
    * Any knife other than an ordinary pocket knife or hunting knife.
    * Billy, nightstick, or club.
    * Blackjack or slapjack.
    * Nunchaku karate sticks.
    * Shiriken or death star.
    * Artificial knuckles made from plastic, or other similar hard material.

8. That's definitely better than Washington. It's pretty silly that I can wear my .45 just fine, but can get in trouble for the working knife I carry every day -- or even two sticks tied together...

Gee, I noticed I have both Kathleen's Woodman's Pal and my Gerber machete in the back of the Jeep today; that probably makes me some sort of terrorist....
    “The police of a State should never be stronger or better armed than the citizenry. An armed citizenry, willing to fight is the foundation of civil freedom.” Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    This one was my 4th. I have a few more in mind...

Which models?

Peace...
    I've had a AFCK Mini for years. I bought that when airlines decided that a 3" blade was the max they allowed you to carry. I also have a fixed blade knife, but darned if I remember what it's called. Last, a Vex which was cheap to buy and is a plain edge.

I just bought a Barrage plain edge with assisted opening. I cannot tell you much about it yet. Benchmade is hard to beat. That said, the little SOG Pentagon is a pretty nice knife and I do carry it now and then, though it is not as inconspicuous. S2...

In Las Vegas it's CCW (carry concealed weapon) I got mine today ,applied for it on May 10 thats 5 weeks and 1 day now waiting for Utah

Quote Originally Posted by Ronsmag View Post
    In Las Vegas it's CCW (carry concealed weapon) I got mine today ,applied for it on May 10 thats 5 weeks and 1 day now waiting for Utah
    I applied May 24. I was going to call LVMPD today to find out the status, but I guess I should expect mine around July 1.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12