Another Thread - Got my CCDW Permit
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Thread - Got my CCDW Permit

Another Thread - Got my CCDW Permit

Haven't you seen enough of those threads? "FINALLY! got my permit today" . Of course its a "Finally!" moment because of how much you have to go through you anticipate it for weeks/months depending on your state....anyways.

Got my KY Concealed Carry Deadly Weapon permit today. Checked the mail today and it said it would be here on or about June 8th. It was mailed on the 4th of June.

Applied on May 12th

Took my class in April and applied as soon as i received my certificated of training.

I have been wearing my Crossbreed Supertuck around the house to break it in so hopefully it will be more comfortable after wearing it today a little more.

Going to be looking to get me a nice knife like a Ka-Bar TDI or something nice and sharp that i can carry with me too.

Great and remember that the only thing that your CCDW does is allow you to carry your gun around concealed without being arrested. It does not give you any other rights, privledges or responsibilities. If you happen into a situation that you think you need your gun ask yourself, do I have a reason to use it or am I looking for an excuse. Having it does not make you Wyatt Earp but does give you another method of protecting yourself and family.

Welcome to the group.

Congrats Memphis!
    Be safe and keep us posted on how it is going.
    Fondis

Welcome to the world of carrying a gun. Now watch your back! There are more reason's that I can count for the powers that be to take that privilege (RIGHT) away from you. I've been carrying for so long it seems unnatural to not have a pistol or two on me. I might also add that I have only had to draw on someone once in 28 years. I like the saying: A gun is not supposed to comfortable, it is supposed to be comforting. Good luck to you, and congratulations.

SuperTuck Holster, S&W firearm, CCW license? What else could make your day?

Congrats. Be safe and mindful of the choices you have. Make the right ones...

If you don't mind spending a little extra on a great (not just good) knife, I recommend looking at Benchmade...

I found a good deal for this one on eBay new in box.. $115.00

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

The frozen tundra!! Also known as Minnesota
    [QUOTE=901-Memphis;140570]
    I have been wearing my Crossbreed Supertuck around the house to break it in so hopefully it will be more comfortable after wearing it today a little more.
    QUOTE]

What I ended up doing was bending/folding the leather around multiple ways for about 15 minutes. After that, It was almost perfect. The hard leather softened up a lot!
    MN Permit to Carry Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, PPITH
    NRA Life Member, 3 x Iraq War Vet

I think the holster is softening up good on its own, just needs to be worn a few more times

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    SuperTuck Holster, S&W firearm, CCW license? What else could make your day?

Congrats. Be safe and mindful of the choices you have. Make the right ones...

If you don't mind spending a little extra on a great (not just good) knife, I recommend looking at Benchmade...

I found a good deal for this one on eBay new in box.. $115.00

Peace...
    Very nice knife. I have three Benchmade knives and agree, they are great!

Quote Originally Posted by shooter2 View Post
    Very nice knife. I have three Benchmade knives and agree, they are great!
    This one was my 4th. I have a few more in mind...

Which models?

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

11. Interesting: "Concealed Carry Deadly Weapon." Here in Washington, it's "Concealed Pistol License," and even though I wear a .45 I can be in trouble for my everyday folding knife (Al Mar SERE 2000), depending on where I am. Does your license allow you to carry "deadly weapons" other than pistols? Makes sense to me. Heck, I heard of a guy who carried a broadsword.
    “The police of a State should never be stronger or better armed than the citizenry. An armed citizenry, willing to fight is the foundation of civil freedom.” Heinlein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast