Volunteer to help with Permits
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Volunteer to help with Permits

Volunteer to help with Permits

Guys, I'm gonna check into what is involved with helping get out the CCW Permits in States where it takes over 30 days. My State, S.C. is one of them. The wait was almost 90 days.

I'd be glad to help out if I could, and the State would allow me. I want to make it easier for S.C. Permit students to get the Permit. I'll let you know what I find out.

A very honorable venture +1

Your description USED to apply to Florida, but they have gotten their act together and now it is less than two weeks, so no worrys for Florida..

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Smile SC CCW Permits

Quote Originally Posted by GOV5 View Post
    Guys, I'm gonna check into what is involved with helping get out the CCW Permits in States where it takes over 30 days. My State, S.C. is one of them. The wait was almost 90 days.

I'd be glad to help out if I could, and the State would allow me. I want to make it easier for S.C. Permit students to get the Permit. I'll let you know what I find out.

Hi Gov 5,
    I hold a Utah CCW permit and would like to get another to increase the reciprocity in states that dont honor Utah. Do you know if SC honors reciprocity an if so what states?:hang

Quote Originally Posted by 1018397 View Post
    Hi Gov 5,
    I hold a Utah CCW permit and would like to get another to increase the reciprocity in states that dont honor Utah. Do you know if SC honors reciprocity an if so what states?:hang
    Check this out

Hi Gov 5,
    SC does have reciprocity with other states, but only for residents of those states. IOW, a FL resident with a FL permit could carry in SC, but since you are a NY resident, you would not be able to carry in SC on a FL permit. (The same is true of CO) Plus, SC doesn't issue non-resident permits unless you own property in SC. (CO doesn't issue NR permits at all) So, like myself, you are SOL for carrying in SC. The one saving grace is that you may carry a loaded handgun in the glovebox or center console.

If you are going for the maximum number of states, if you don't already have a NY permit, you should get one if you can. That will also be honored in MI. A FL permit will gain you FL, NM, and KS. A RI permit will also get you NV. After that, you are just about at the point where you'll have to obtain individual permits for individual states. Those states are NH, ME, CT, and MA. Beginning 1/1/11, IA will honor all permits.

I think I covered all you bases. Welcome to the forum.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    SC does have reciprocity with other states, but only for residents of those states. IOW, a FL resident with a FL permit could carry in SC, but since you are a NY resident, you would not be able to carry in SC on a FL permit. (The same is true of CO) Plus, SC doesn't issue non-resident permits unless you own property in SC. (CO doesn't issue NR permits at all) So, like myself, you are SOL for carrying in SC. The one saving grace is that you may carry a loaded handgun in the glovebox or center console.

If you are going for the maximum number of states, if you don't already have a NY permit, you should get one if you can. That will also be honored in MI. A FL permit will gain you FL, NM, and KS. A RI permit will also get you NV. After that, you are just about at the point where you'll have to obtain individual permits for individual states. Those states are NH, ME, CT, and MA. Beginning 1/1/11, IA will honor all permits.

I think I covered all you bases. Welcome to the forum.
    The UT permit would give you WA state. Currently, FL isn't honored in WA.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    The UT permit would give you WA state. Currently, FL isn't honored in WA.

gf
    He already has the UT permit.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Hi Gov 5,
    You got your answer before I could reply. Make sure and bookmark that link. It's handy to have.
    Last edited by GOV5; 06-18-2010 at 07:13 AM. Reason: spelling

Thanks Guys.
    I appreciate the feedback. I will try and get the NY CCW permit :

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast