Concealed Carry in Banks. - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry in Banks.

The reason to have the weapon in the first place

Talking about carry in banks p.o.'s public places etc. The reason we get a permit to carry concealed weapons is so we can and do have it with us on our person at all times. I dont think leaving it in the car makes any sense at all its to dangerous to leave it being prey to some hood who wants to bust up your car for an ipod or somethig and happens apon YOUR GUN! iTS A CARRY PERMIT NOT A LEAVE IN THE HOUSE OR CAR PERMIT. The only places I feel uncomfortable carrying are in a school where I know darn well it is ILLEGAL, and in a bar where I might get a little tipsy. In that case it stays home locked up or in my car UNDER CLOSE WATCH. I realize every situation is different and you have to make decisions at a moments notice, but we all should be adult and cognizant enough to do so.

why look for trouble????

Concealed carry is just that. Making sure it is concealed well enough that no one will know you have it is the best way to go. I think its pretty rediculous to go around asking permission to carry in locations where if you just do your business and get out, whats the big deal. Its no ones business to know that you have a weapon on your person and there is no reason to ask all the places you visit if its o.k. to bring it in. What they dont know wont hurt them!!! ITS A CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT. Asking to many people if its o.k. is letting to many people know that you are armed. If you really need to know where its not o.k. to carry then go to your local P.D. or look it up on the web. Maybe someone here knows the answer.

RESPECTFULLY

I concur.

As the saying goes "Concealed means concealed." The discretion you use in keeping your firearm from public view is what you'll use inside any bank. Like others who carry on a daily basis, adding my holster, sidearm and spare magazine holder is just part of getting dressed for the day. You should dress around your sidearm. That is to say we should select our shirts and jackets with the idea of minimizing the appearance of the firearm and to keep from 'printing' its outline through out clothing.

As a general rule of thumb, your state laws will indicate where you can and cannot carry. In most states if there is no sign, you're generally okay. To be on the safe side, review your CCW class materials and check with your local certified CCW instructor. Normally where you CAN'T carry is part of your CCW training course.

handgonnetoter Guest
    My Indiana permit says Permit to carry a Handgun. OC is legal here, but people seem to get their panties in a wad over it, including the police. I just keep mine concealed and don't give it a second thought.

Arizona

I live in Arizona now ... before that was Wisconsin where even though you were allowed to open carry they still gave you problems ... here in Arizona you dont need a CCW permit anymore ... but will be doing the class the end of the month for it ... looks better for the LEO if you have it .... the places that i have open carried they just look at you weird but dont say anything .... I look at it as though a place has a sign forbidding it .... then there is another place that can be frequented and accept my money

It all depends on the business and their attitude towards the weapons .... havent carried in the bank yet but dont remember any signs being posted .... when at work during the day i dont carry but as soon as i get home it goes on or if i am on call at night and the weekends i carry .... go to some not so good areas .... just get people eyeballing me when i am open carrying .... but i do it for my safety seeing as i am 20 miles from Mexico .... and to much is going on along the border not to be safe

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by fudfuwsi View Post
    I live in Arizona now ... before that was Wisconsin where even though you were allowed to open carry they still gave you problems ... here in Arizona you dont need a CCW permit anymore ... but will be doing the class the end of the month for it ... looks better for the LEO if you have it .... the places that i have open carried they just look at you weird but dont say anything .... I look at it as though a place has a sign forbidding it .... then there is another place that can be frequented and accept my money

It all depends on the business and their attitude towards the weapons .... havent carried in the bank yet but dont remember any signs being posted .... when at work during the day i dont carry but as soon as i get home it goes on or if i am on call at night and the weekends i carry .... go to some not so good areas .... just get people eyeballing me when i am open carrying .... but i do it for my safety seeing as i am 20 miles from Mexico .... and to much is going on along the border not to be safe
    Don't blame you one damn bit. Twenty miles from Mexico would suck. I CCW in the banks around here, and never seen any signs saying otherwise.

should be a really safe place to carry---the dummies just give any tom **** or harry money if they ask. They need to man up and shoot a couple of these dudes...or atleast demand to actually see the gun, or have a school bell alarm that they ring once he is gone so the whole neighborhood looks at the bank and sees where he goes.

You can't carry in a bank in New York.

True, concealed means concealed. But that doesn't necessarily make it legal.

NY state says you can't carry in a bank. My friend was in a bank as it was held up. A cop was there cashing a check and stopped the holdup. But my friend and everyone else in the bank was patted down (firisked). His only comment was, "Thank God I wasn't carrying that day."

Quote Originally Posted by JimPage View Post
    True, concealed means concealed. But that doesn't necessarily make it legal.

NY state says you can't carry in a bank
    It does? Where does it say that?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast