For the Colt Officer's ACP
    Remington Golden Sabers 185gr

For the M&P40c:
    Winchester Supreme PDX 165gr
    Hornady Critical Defense 165gr

For the S&W 65 revolver:
    Federal 357B 125gr 357 Mags
    Hornady Critical Defense 125gr 357 Mags

I've asked my local dealer to get the Critical Defense in 45, but they are on back order. Once they do arrive I'll run some through the M&P. I don't predict any issues with that gun feeding it...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by tanker1983 View Post
    Greetings all.

My better half gave me a Kimber Ultra Carry II for our 25th Anniversary. I was leaning toward Hornady Critical Defense Hollowpoint in 185gr.

This is my first compact 1911 and was concerned with the higher grain and misfires.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Federal Hydra-Shok are excellent, but so are the Silvertips. By the way, does your better half have a sister?
    ~ Truth Is Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth ~

I just run the FMJs through my Ultra. Couple of those in the COM and I'm think'n BG down
    What in tarnations goin on in America these days. Dagnabbit, "CHANGE" what "Change" I say Change it back! I'm clinging to bible and my guns. Try to take either and you're liable to get blasted.

5. If you are plinking than any cheap crap is acceptable as long as it cycles.
    If you are looking for a self defense round then what you want is something than does maximum damage, penetrates pretty much all the way through the body of an average adult male dressed in heavier clothing y;et is suffidiently light to allow for a very accurate shot placement if necessary while breaking up, expanding and tearing the **** out of the insides of whatever you are aiming to hit for maximum damage and maximum bleed; stop em sooner than later. Personally I have been using Speer Gold Dots in appropriate weights and loads to do this in my pistols and some Federal HydraShock Self Defense Rounds as well. They are all good but some of the newer engineered rounds give one pause to stop and have a look as of late. I need to rotate my self defense ammo anyway so it's time to take it to the range and fire it into targets and replace it. Understand that means time to rezero the sights too.

Quote Originally Posted by torontogunguy View Post
    If you are plinking than any cheap crap is acceptable as long as it cycles.
    If you are looking for a self defense round then what you want is something than does maximum damage, penetrates pretty much all the way through the body of an average adult male dressed in heavier clothing y;et is suffidiently light to allow for a very accurate shot placement if necessary while breaking up, expanding and tearing the **** out of the insides of whatever you are aiming to hit for maximum damage and maximum bleed; stop em sooner than later. Personally I have been using Speer Gold Dots in appropriate weights and loads to do this in my pistols and some Federal HydraShock Self Defense Rounds as well. They are all good but some of the newer engineered rounds give one pause to stop and have a look as of late. I need to rotate my self defense ammo anyway so it's time to take it to the range and fire it into targets and replace it. Understand that means time to rezero the sights too.
    exactly. that's why I chose to load with Federal HST for self defense. 9mm - 147 gr, .40 - 180 gr and .45 - 230 gr. here's a pic of the 9mm 147 gr after firing into wet phone books.

that pic came from here: Bullet results after firing
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12