Whats a good pepper spray? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats a good pepper spray?

I am actually in Kentucky now, but i don't think that matters with a tazer, our laws should be less strict here.

But either way i can't afford a good tazer right now i just would like something to go a long with the handgun while carrying.

This was recommended by a SGT in the local PD:
    Mace brand "Triple Action Pepper, tear gas and UV Dye".

Blast Knuckles Stun Gun, 950,000 Volts

Something else too think about.

Very light weight, easy too carry when running and nobody notices.
    We have four of them. One for each of the girls and me.

Yes I'm nuts enough I tested it on me. I never carry anything not tested.

I also have two friends that had too use theirs and they work as advertised.
    Once even through a light weight leather coat.
    They are $100 local at the only store that has them here so I order online.

Best price I know of
    63446 - PS Products Blast Knuckles Stun Gun, 950,000 Volts

950,000 volts from 2 x 3v lithium batteries? Doesn't sound right to me

how about the peper sray that was designed for hikers to repell bears? if it will stop a bear you can be dammed sure it will work on a man!
    doing what is popular is not always right and doing what is right is not always popular

I don't know what your budget is like but for Me I'm not going to spend the 50 or so dollars for the Kimber pepper blaster all your paying for is the name. Me and My wife carry Sebre Red on our key chains I carry a black hard case one much like this pink one that she carry's. You can pick them up for around six dollars and ten or so with shipping.

First link is a close up of the item and the second is the link it's self.
    Cheaper Than Dirt - America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter
    54608 - Sabre Red Maximum Strength Pepper Spray, Special Edition Pink Case, 0.54 oz., Key Chain

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    I don't know what your budget is like but for Me I'm not going to spend the 50 or so dollars for the Kimber pepper blaster all your paying for is the name. Me and My wife carry Sebre Red on our key chains I carry a black hard case one must like this pink one that she carry's. You can pick them up for around six dollars and ten or so with shipping.

First link is a close up of the item and the second is the link it's self.
    Cheaper Than Dirt - America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter
    54608 - Sabre Red Maximum Strength Pepper Spray, Special Edition Pink Case, 0.54 oz., Key Chain
    As someone who has extensively used Pepper Sprays on the street on PEOPLE, let me say this. The Kimber Pepper Blaster has me a little concerned. Two short blasts, no matter how fast it's going, is still only two short blasts in a stream. The videos I've seen of it, show 2 splats on the target about the size of your fist. Whenever I had to use Pepper Spray, the surprise was the biggest factor. You don't hold it on someone like a pistol and threaten to use it. They'll turn their head, cover their face and move in on you. That has happened several times to officers and individuals who held it and threatened the bad guy. You'll know when you need to use it. Hold it by your side, unseen if possible. Without warning, you just pop it up and spray. SURPRISE IS HALF THE BATTLE. Problem is, in many cases, me and the bad guy were moving or at the point of physical violence. Sometimes I hit the face the first time; sometimes it took 2 or 3 good sprays to hit the area and with enough of the liquid to cover the eyes / nose/ mouth area. Aim for THE FACE, especially the eyes. That's what it's for. But after years of using the stuff, I would feel very inadequate with 2 quick blasts from the Kimber unit. I use the 1 oz units for pocket carry, and if it's in the car or a pouch, the 2 to 3 oz unit, which is the one that looks like the full size police cannister, but about half as long. Def-Tec called it the Mark III. I think the Freeze+P is a 2 oz unit I believe. Give me more than the 2 short bursts. Just sayin'.
    There's Something Goin' On Here, and it Ain't Funny!!!

Cold Steel inferno. I researched this extensively and that is what i decided on.

Inferno™ Pepper Spray
    -Austin

I carry the Kimber Pepper blaster. How good is it? haven't a clue never used it. I'm thinking though at $35 or $40 dollars for two blast, it'd better work pretty good, or I'll be forced to pull my Kimber .45 and finish what it started.
    What in tarnations goin on in America these days. Dagnabbit, "CHANGE" what "Change" I say Change it back! I'm clinging to bible and my guns. Try to take either and you're liable to get blasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Cold Steel inferno. I researched this extensively and that is what i decided on.

Inferno™ Pepper Spray

Thanks for doing the legwork on the topic and posting back, i think after reading some more info on the site and other places Inferno seems to be one of the best for many reasons.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast