Whats a good pepper spray? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Whats a good pepper spray?

Quote Originally Posted by THE DUKE OF ESSEX View Post
    I prefer bleach in a spray bottle, or even better ammonia. That put's um down.
    Just in case you were'nt kidding, you know you would be exposing yourself to increased liability in the event that you used such a home-made concoction. Suppose your assailant suffers some permanent injury from an allergic reaction that could be shown in court (where we all know we will be unfortunately for defending ourselves) that would not have happened had you used a product like pepper spray designed for the occasion.

Chiming in a little late with a few thoughts.

A few more thoughts to consider,
    1- Check your local laws, some states have various oddball restrictions on sale/purchase/carry of chemical sprays. Inferno™ Pepper Spray There is a link on the coldsteel site that will give you a good overview of state laws.
    2- Take a class. I cannot stress training enough. Learn the effectiveness of your chosen product, and sprays in general, by taking a class that involves spraying the stuff.
    3- If you can't arrange to take a class, test fire your chosen model in a backyard or other open space. Not indoors please. Learn how to aim, effective range, take a little colateral spraying perhaps. The last thing you want is to carry a device you have not had tome to figure out in advance.
    4- Obtain some decontamination products. Pepper Spray Antidote | Decontamination while not nessesarilly something you'd carry on your person, probably not a bad idea to have in your home/car first aid kit.

I second the thought of, most of the products out there are fairly good. In this stage of the product development cycle, it is no longer which product to use, but how well can you use it.

I have already purchased the Inferno products and i believe they are the best choice out there.

Quote Originally Posted by 901-Memphis View Post
    Looking to get some pepper spray and i am wondering what are some good products out there. I don't know whats good and whats not.

I am looking for something small and durable. It doesn't have to be tiny but i will carry it every day.

Any recommendations?
    Inferno Pepper Spray from Coldsteel.com but check your state laws first (some states have a different % of pepper that is allowed).

Quote Originally Posted by 901-Memphis View Post
    I have already purchased the Inferno products and i believe they are the best choice out there.
    Lynn Thompson, president of Cold Steel, doesn't carry inferior products, from what I have seen.

Here in assachusetts we have to get a license for it, just like an FID card, go through the endless process with the morons at the local police department. I like the ammonia spray bottle idea. I'll have to research that to see if a home made bottle like that comes under the (chemical spray) or if its exempt.

Years ago when I worked at a marina some guy dumped a small bit of ammonia into a 55 gal drum we had for waste bleach from scrubbing decks, and the fumes came into the paint shop. To this day, if I get a whiff of either I instantly get sick. Bad stuff!
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

Quote Originally Posted by OldOwl View Post
    Here in assachusetts we have to get a license for it, just like an FID card, go through the endless process with the morons at the local police department.
    I'm surprised they let Owls possess beaks.

Nothing personal OldOwl, I couldn't resist the cheapshot at the idiotic Mass gunlaws.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345