Navy Gun Policy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Navy Gun Policy

Navy Gun Policy

Miltary.com
    New Navy Rules for Personal Firearms
    Week of June 28, 2010

"The Navy has announced a policy change regarding personal firearms. One highlight of the new policy is the ability for all Sailors to store their personal firearms in base housing or armories (when space is available), as long as they receive prior written approval from the installation commanding officer. Weapons must be stored in a locked container, a locked gun rack, or secured with approved trigger locks to keep the weapon from firing. Weapons are still prohibited in other on-base locations. The policy also clarifies that Sailors must comply with all federal, state, and local laws, and that concealed weapons are never allowed on Navy installations, regardless of local law. "

3. lol, silly government thinking it's a good idea to disarm our own military.

AND?!?

That's nothing new. That's been the policy for decades now. All the Navy did was send out a message in response to Ft. Hood stating a formal Navy policy that had already been in effect anyway for decades.

I was looking forward to re-enlisting a Sailor today in civilian clothes at a remote location. I had my 1851 Navy revolver (replica) all loaded up and ready to go to open carry for the re-enlistment, but it's rained out. I have to do re-enlistments in civilian clothes if we want to exercise our 2nd amendment rights because personal firearms are not allowed to be worn in uniform, and they won't issue me a gun just to do a re-enlistment with.

Who would've thunk that a military base is a victim disarament zone? Go figure.

Call your congressional representatives. There has been a push to allow CC on military installations in the past, and it has not made it past committe. You need to voice your opinion. If our men and women at Ft Hood would have been armed, who knows what would have happened? It might have been different. These active shooter incidents are happening, and our brave men and women are like sheep in a pen. The BG are not following the rules by brining a firearm on base. By following the rules the people on base are putting themselves in harms way. If a person is allowed to carry in that state, they should be allowed on that installation,in my opinion. Poeple in the military are trained to handle firearms.
    I think it is talking in circles the way that they restrict personal weapons on the installation.

IMHO if you're Active Duty-ON Federal Property you open carry. You never know when the base could be attacked. ALL installations to include NWS's are way to over civilianized. NEED to put more of the onus on our Active Duty people. *****, If you can't trust our active duty people, you need to kick their asses out.
    "NOT ON MY WATCH, NOT IN MY NAVY!!!"

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by wjh2657 View Post
    Miltary.com
    New Navy Rules for Personal Firearms
    Week of June 28, 2010

"The Navy has announced a policy change regarding personal firearms. One highlight of the new policy is the ability for all Sailors to store their personal firearms in base housing or armories (when space is available), as long as they receive prior written approval from the installation commanding officer. Weapons must be stored in a locked container, a locked gun rack, or secured with approved trigger locks to keep the weapon from firing. Weapons are still prohibited in other on-base locations. The policy also clarifies that Sailors must comply with all federal, state, and local laws, and that concealed weapons are never allowed on Navy installations, regardless of local law. "
    Yeah, that was pretty much how it was for me in the Marines. Except the armory messed up my Marlin 336 while "storing" it.

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    AND?!?

That's nothing new. That's been the policy for decades now. All the Navy did was send out a message in response to Ft. Hood stating a formal Navy policy that had already been in effect anyway for decades.

I was looking forward to re-enlisting a Sailor today in civilian clothes at a remote location. I had my 1851 Navy revolver (replica) all loaded up and ready to go to open carry for the re-enlistment, but it's rained out. I have to do re-enlistments in civilian clothes if we want to exercise our 2nd amendment rights because personal firearms are not allowed to be worn in uniform, and they won't issue me a gun just to do a re-enlistment with.
    Wow, thats a sucky rule.

williemartin, I don't think it'd do any good for a Federal law allowing carry on base. The installation commander is still the ultimate authority on that base and too many of them would issue a policy letter saying no carry allowed. I know several other Soldiers that carry concealed here in TX and are just as aggravated at the Army policy.

YMOS,
    Tony
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Teddy Roosevelt May 13, 1903

11. ok, so would I be wrong in saying that any sane person, even a gun grabbing libtard, would think it's completely backwards that our own military isn't allowed to carry weapons on military installations?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast