Cell Pal Holster
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cell Pal Holster

Cell Pal Holster

Has anyone had personal experience with the Cell Pal holster for all day carry? Is it comfortable all day? This is the first time I have run accross this holster. Sounds interesting.

Cell Pal Holster

I bought mine about seven months ago for my PT709, I don't use it anymore due to the summer heat (it does get hot wearing it, and that isn't good for your handgun!). Don't get me wrong though, I like mine and will use it this winter, but it gets too danged hot here in North Carolina during the summer to wear the holster.
    MSgt, USAF (ret), Life Member - NRA, Life Member - NAHC,
    Life Member - NCOA, Member - USCCA, Member - NCGR,
    Member - Oathkeepers

4. How comfortable was it when you were sitting?

Thanks. I noticed you have the PT709. I was recently able to take a look at this gun and really liked it. Can you tell me if you've had any problems with it? I'm leary of the name Taurus. Also would like to know if the holster is comfortable when you are sitting.

Quote Originally Posted by armed traveler View Post
    Thanks. I noticed you have the PT709. I was recently able to take a look at this gun and really liked it. Can you tell me if you've had any problems with it? I'm leary of the name Taurus. Also would like to know if the holster is comfortable when you are sitting.
    My wife and I have two 709s, really like them never any operating problems, they do like to be kept clean, trigger pull is a little long compared to some others, but a very good weapon for the money, and on the holster I use a Serpa paddle for ether my G-36 or G-21, the 709s we carry in a uncle mikes in small of back

7. I like the concept of the cel pal holster... a bit pricey if you have to buy the properly hooked type of cel phone holster from them in addition to the gun holster...

I'm trying to decide betwen the cel pal and the Smart Carry... Smart carry... (not a clone, never a clone except maybe thunderware)

Cel pal offers no guarantee... smart carry does... Both are essentially the same style of draw... in that they require 2 hands for normal draw... At least the cel pal can be weak hand drawn from...

Both are deep concealment. Im leaning to trying the smart carry first... because at least, if it doesn't work for you, you can return for refund. Not so with cel pal....

The cell-pal company aparently offers a 15 day return policy. I guess if you are going to buy one, you should try it out alot for the first week and a half to decide if it will work for you.

The rule of thumb is, you only get a second and a half to draw your weapon in most SHTF situations. It looks to me like the guy in the video for the holster spent all of that second and a half trying to dig the gun out of his pants, but who knows and as they say Practice practice practice.

Plus...What happens if you get a phonecall or a text at the exact moment TSHF and it is your wife's ringtone. You know you are more scared of your wife than any BG so you are going to be asking yourself, " Do I take the call or make this guys day". Lots to think about! Wink

Look into a SmartCarry Holster. I picked one up after comparing it to the cell pal. basically to wear with sweats & shorts, but found out quickly that it works great with my business suits & casual clothes as well. Deep concealment, fast draw capability & they have a 60day return guarantee!

The mechanics involved in getting the firearm and holster in position to draw are too complex to facilitate an effective quick threat response. I can see how fumbling with it could cost you your life...

For good all day comfort and easy concealment for most small handguns with quick access and fast draw, look at the CrossBreed SuperTuck. Or a similar design..

My 2 pennies...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast