CCW Permit - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CCW Permit

Carry what ever makes one happy small, med, or Large, a few well placed shots, is better than throwing rocks lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Glock Carrier in SC.

MufDady

Quote Originally Posted by 901-Memphis View Post
    If you can deal with an IWB the FsN will be okay in the heat. It doesn't get much over 95 F in the summer here in Kentucky so i am not sure how much worse the heat is there.

If you really wanted i am sure you could get a lot of money for a used Five-Seven and get any piece you want.
    I was thinking of an IWB until I saw the pancake holsters. It has been about 108 for most of last week though it will get up to 110-112 several days a year here. It sad when we start thinking of 103 as cooling off.

Now that I have my permit, I can go to the local stores, and test different holsters though I suspect that the stores don't carry too much FsN stuff.

I probably could sell the gun, and the 1500 rounds of ammo I have for it, but I like it. I do want to find a way to carry it comfortably. If I can't in the summer, I can always carry the j-frame during the summer, and when the weather cools down, go to the FsN.

Also 442Js

Also 442Js,
    I carry a Taurus 650 .357 MAG 5-shot revolver with Crimson Trace Laser Grips. I never feel I am under armed. Clint Smith of Thunder Ranch has some great videos, one being Defensive Revolver. Worth you watching.

Is OC not an option? NV is a pretty OC friendly state. If OC is not for you, that's cool. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

~Side note, I don't want to start a OC vs. CC debate.~

I use a Blackhawk SERPA and have no trouble hiding the full-sized mags sticking out of my sub-compact grip. Not sure if BH makes one for the 5-7, but any quality pancake holster should pull it in tight. A good belt is also a must. I have become a big fan of dark polo shirts, large and long enough to not hang up on the grip.

If you really like carrying the 5-7, you should be able to find the right equipment and clothing to make it work.

Good luck.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by MufDady View Post
    Carry what ever makes one happy small, med, or Large, a few well placed shots, is better than throwing rocks lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    442Js,
    Research the SmartCarry at (SmartCarry - Concealed Gun Holsters). Might just be what you are looking for in all kinds of climates and for all kinds of wardrobe. Also, Tactical Tim has a great SmartCarry demo video at
    (YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.).

Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    Is OC not an option? NV is a pretty OC friendly state. If OC is not for you, that's cool. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

~Side note, I don't want to start a OC vs. CC debate.~

I use a Blackhawk SERPA and have no trouble hiding the full-sized mags sticking out of my sub-compact grip. Not sure if BH makes one for the 5-7, but any quality pancake holster should pull it in tight. A good belt is also a must. I have become a big fan of dark polo shirts, large and long enough to not hang up on the grip.

If you really like carrying the 5-7, you should be able to find the right equipment and clothing to make it work.

Good luck.
    OC isn't illegal, but it isn't legal either. No law exists stating either way here, but chances are if I OC, I will get a visit by the police. Definitely a no-no on the strip, can't scare the tourists.

I believe Blackhawk does make a holster for the FsN. I have a good belt, just got to get the appropriate holster. I will add the Blackhawk to the models I should be looking at.

I wear oversized shirts, but the shirts I have aren't oversized enough to conceal the FsN.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12