CCW Permit
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CCW Permit

CCW Permit

I just received my Concealed Firearms Permit today. I only have a holster for my 5-7 so I will be carrying that until I get a holster for my J-frame (will get a pancake holster in the next week or so). Going to feel a little strange at first, but hopefully I will adjust quickly.

Exclamation Carry as comfortably as possible...

Carry as comfortably as possible...pancake holsters are definitely the way to go. I love my Galco...it allows e to hide a Fullsize USP45 and be comfortable at the same time.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

You have an FN Five-Seven and you want to carry a J-Frame? Stick with the Five-Seven and get a good IWB holster like the Crossbreed Supertuck or Kholser full moon if they make it for that.

The Five-Seven is a much more versatile carry piece and the ammo capacity is superb.

Quote Originally Posted by 901-Memphis View Post
    You have an FN Five-Seven and you want to carry a J-Frame? Stick with the Five-Seven and get a good IWB holster like the Crossbreed Supertuck or Kholser full moon if they make it for that.

The Five-Seven is a much more versatile carry piece and the ammo capacity is superb.
    It does get pretty hot in LV in the summer, and the paddle holster I have right now prints in some clothes. I was planning on looking into a pancake holster. Not too sure I want a IWB holster in the summer when it is 110 out there.

You are one of the few people to tell me to keep carrying the FsN. Most people think I am crazy as it is a full size gun, and think it is too big to conceal. That doesn't include the people who think it is nothing more than an overpriced .22 mag.

Living in the east side of Kern County, California, 40 miles from Death Valley, I finally went to a Ruger LCR with laser sights. It fits right in my front pants pocket and you hardly know it's there.

I did carry, in the winter, a Glock 30 in a Crossbreed IWB holster. It was very comfortable and easy to conceal, as long as you had an outer shirt or coat. With the LCR I do not have that problem.

Many argue that a 5-shot wheel gun isn't enough. Well, it's much better that leaving the Glock home because you can't conceal it. And I carry 2-five round flat speed loaders just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Dude View Post
    Living in the east side of Kern County, California, 40 miles from Death Valley, I finally went to a Ruger LCR with laser sights. It fits right in my front pants pocket and you hardly know it's there.

I did carry, in the winter, a Glock 30 in a Crossbreed IWB holster. It was very comfortable and easy to conceal, as long as you had an outer shirt or coat. With the LCR I do not have that problem.

Many argue that a 5-shot wheel gun isn't enough. Well, it's much better that leaving the Glock home because you can't conceal it. And I carry 2-five round flat speed loaders just in case.
    That is why I bought my j-frame revolver. At this point, when I am not wearing a suit, I can't conceal the FsN. It prints with the paddle holster I have. I am going to get a different holster, but it has to do a better job concealing than my present holster for me to carry that gun when I am not wearing a suit. Pocket carry or even a pancake holster will work for me all year around though I would prefer the FsN. Until I get new holsters, I will not be carrying that much outside of work. That is not acceptable for me.

I conceal my full sized S&W Sigma in a Crossbreed Supertuck but i am a pretty big guy, if your on the smaller side the J-Frame might be more comfortable.

I just think that i would like to have that Five-Seven for a carry piece, it is a good firearm; don't listen to snobs.

I conceal my full sized S&W Sigma in a Crossbreed Supertuck but i am a pretty big guy, if your on the smaller side the J-Frame might be more comfortable.

I just think that i would like to have that Five-Seven for a carry piece, it is a good firearm; don't listen to snobs.
    I am a medium size guy who does perform to carry the FsN if I can carry it comfortably and conceal it. The j-frame is a good piece as well so I don't think I can go wrong with either one. I will be searching for appropriate holsters, and if I find a good one, I will carry the FsN most of the time.

Some people don't understand the FsN, and others just don't like it for some reason. I am a lot more accurate with that gun than with the j-frame, and for much longer distances.

If you can deal with an IWB the FsN will be okay in the heat. It doesn't get much over 95 F in the summer here in Kentucky so i am not sure how much worse the heat is there.

If you really wanted i am sure you could get a lot of money for a used Five-Seven and get any piece you want.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast