Introduction and newbie question - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Introduction and newbie question

TN is a good state once you get an understanding of the laws good weather and people. Its becoming better all the time since they now allow restaurant carry. Also their permit is good in I believe 37ish states

GA. Great state as far as I am concerned. Fairly laxed gun laws (if gun LAWs can be laxed. a few bucks and finger prints and you have a permit.
    Also from my understanding if you want away from people MT is great. Been there a few times and people are harder to find then wildlife. guess thats why its initials are MT (pronounced empty) I will be carrying there in a about a week and will let everyone know how it goes. I agree with the above poster that almost any state other then Illinois is gonna be better then NY.

If you want a general understanding (or in depth) of any state check out handgunlaw.us good site with lots of info also opencarry.org
    "The purpose of war is not to die for your country. The purpose of war is to ensure that the other guy dies for his country." - General Patton

TX is generally gun friendly, though no open carry. The tax laws are pretty good and employment is mostly good. Home is TN and I'd rather retire there but if I find a job here in TX I'd be OK with staying here.

YMOS,
    Tony
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Teddy Roosevelt May 13, 1903

+1 for Idaho....very gun friendly here...Must Issue state, and they are quick and hassle-free...also can own Class 3 firearms..Idaho is one of those states where probably 70% of the population own at least one gun...some of us way more than that to make up for the deficit

Idaho is an open carry state under certain conditions and a conceal permit is pretty easy to get. I actually got a non-resident Utah so that I can carry next door in Washington, which does not acknowledge Idaho's. Idaho recognizes ALL other state's permits, as does Texas. I love Idaho, I'm in the north near Spokane WA. Most of your NW states are gun friendly. Good luck

Arizona!! We have open cary, and starting this weekend free to ccw. No more charge for classes &liscense. No taxation on az built firearms. No limit on clip size. I love az

Hello all.

I'm a newbie. Tadaa!!

Quick question...I live in Colorado and will be traveling to California for a weeks vacation at a family ranch. Wondered if carrying through Nevada and California will be a problem if I'm only stopping at gas stations along the interstate?

Quote Originally Posted by runecire View Post
    Hello all.

I'm a newbie. Tadaa!!

Quick question...I live in Colorado and will be traveling to California for a weeks vacation at a family ranch. Wondered if carrying through Nevada and California will be a problem if I'm only stopping at gas stations along the interstate?
    Welcome Runecire!
    You'll find that NV & CA do not recognize our CO CCW so mind your Ps & Qs. You better check on the laws for transporting firearms in those states, but I think you need to have them unloaded and locked in a case in the trunk seperate from the ammo and seperate from the passenger compartment. If you are a conservative & careful driver and don't give the LEO any reason to stop you it will keep your life much more simple.
    Good luck from Fondis, CO

Quote Originally Posted by Fondis Firearms View Post
    Welcome Runecire!
    You'll find that NV & CA do not recognize our CO CCW so mind your Ps & Qs. You better check on the laws for transporting firearms in those states, but I think you need to have them unloaded and locked in a case in the trunk seperate from the ammo and seperate from the passenger compartment. If you are a conservative & careful driver and don't give the LEO any reason to stop you it will keep your life much more simple.
    Good luck from Fondis, CO
    Thanks, Fondis. Much appreciated. I usually don't stop for very long in one place, so not having it on me won't be a problem. Feels awkward though, since I'm so used to having it. Like taking off a watch. LOL Thanks again.

10. I have friend that immigrated from Canada based on gun laws alone. I'd move from NY in a heart beat.
    CO is good, open or concealed carry in your home, car or business for personal protection without a license. Castle doctrine "Make My Day Law" and the Permit system is ok. Shall issue for the most part minimal restriction on where you can carry.
    Main problem -- California is bleeding liberals and we get a lot of them.

11. I drive from CO to CA and vice a versa several times a year. Your good through UT and AZ but not in NV or CA. Nevada has open carry in some places but not others and it's very difficult/risky to navigate. They do recognize a FL Non Residence permits though last I checked.
    I used to carry through NV until my FL permit expired. Now I lock it in a hard sided case, separate from the ammo until I get back to friendly ground.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast