Using what you have...

Thread: Using what you have...

Exclamation Using what you have...

God gave you a brain...use it. Before I got my Galco for my HK USP45...I made do with a Bianchi Military "widowmaker" holster. If you remove the flap and put the clip on the Lt hand side you can now use it for an IWB stong side holster with the metal clip holding the whole thing in place under your belt. It is secure, concealed and works well for odd shaped guns like Baby Eagles that are both hard and expensive to buy a holster for. Look around and see what you can use. I repurposed my military type holster to fit a civilian need. It took zero tools and works first time every time. Pictures to come...
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Exclamation Using what you have article as submitted to Alparubicon

USING WHAT YOU HAVE (as submitted to Alpha Disaster Contingencies by festus)

By: Festus

I recently came across a dilemma. I wanted to carry my full size Baby Desert Eagle in .40 S&W as a CCW weapon. The problem is that it is very difficult to find a decent holster for. I was just starting to come to grips with the fact that I would need to save up a lot of pennies to buy a name brand holster to CCW with.

I started looking at the Bianchi M-12 military holster trying to figure out some of the possibilities and it hit me! I could reconfigure it from right to left by moving the flap and belt clip to the other side.

That also meant I could possibly re-purpose it as an Inside the Waist Band (IWB) holster. I have been able to use it as both a Small Of Back (SOB) holster and an IWB strong side holster.

I began by removing the flap by sliding it off the belt clip. This alone will allow it to be used as an IWB/SOB holster. (DICLAIMER: IWB/SOB is uncomfortable for car rides and can cause or exacerbate back injury in the event of an automobile accident or if you fall and land on your weapon…use this method at your own risk.)

As you can see it covers well and does not print. This is an important plus for CCW.

Begin by removing the components from the holster as illustrated above. No tools are required.

By moving the belt clip from the side marked M-12 to the side marked U.S. You have just converted it to an IWB right hand strong side holster

Simply put the holster inside the waistband and let the clip hang over the side of your trousers but under your belt. It stays put! Because the holster is nylon it is not adversely affected by sweat and can take a lot of abuse. The fact that it is a Mil-Spec Item means it will last a good long time and is built well enough to survive the average G.I.

It covers well and is fairly smooth. Best of all it allowed me to use an asset already on hand and use those pennies for MORE AMMO!!!!!! As far as comfort goes it is not bad at all. The heavy padding protects you as much as the weapon.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

What is the old saying? Necessity is the motherhood of invention. Good tip. Thanks festus.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7