Sheriff appeals of gun permits for pot users - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheriff appeals of gun permits for pot users

Exclamation pOT IS AN ILLEGAL DRUG...PERIOD

It is an illegal drug.
    It has been helping our young people do NOTHING with their lives for over 50 years. I do not support pot. I do not want pot smoking persons in my presence or on my property. It is a gateway drug to more evil drugs. I do not drink. I do not smoke. I do not tolerate drug use of any type.

for you people who admit to smoking it up...God help you...cause I ain't gonna
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

3. Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    It is an illegal drug.
    It has been helping our young people do NOTHING with their lives for over 50 years. I do not support pot. I do not want pot smoking persons in my presence or on my property. It is a gateway drug to more evil drugs. I do not drink. I do not smoke. I do not tolerate drug use of any type.

And the Lord has a seat for you in heaven because of your righteous ways, right? Your "holier than thou" attitude sickens me.

Exclamation Not Holier than thou...Life experience

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
    And the Lord has a seat for you in heaven because of your righteous ways, right? Your "holier than thou" attitude sickens me.
    As a Crew Chief in The USAF I saw first hand what drug use does to our military members and the aircraft they maintain. I have the same personal policies.

I think before you bash me for my Christianity you should get to know me. After that bash away.

I have seen families destroyed by drugs and alcohol also it ain't gonna happen to mine.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

5. Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    As a Crew Chief in The USAF I saw first hand what drug use does to our military members and the aircraft they maintain. I have the same personal policies.

I think before you bash me for my Christianity you should get to know me. After that bash away.

I have seen families destroyed by drugs and alcohal also it ain't gonna happen to mine.
    Most people who smoke marijuana don't "abuse" it. The current laws regarding it are the same as prohibition. It's a stupid tax money waster that ultimately doesn't solve anything. Marijuana is not a "gateway drug." People who choose to move on to higher drugs have other problems, not because they can't seem to get their fix from weed. And there's more than enough proof to show that alcohol has more damaging effects on the body than alcohol. I could go on. An outright ban on marijuana makes as much sense as an outright ban on guns.

I don't think I want to get to know you. Every single self-proclaimed Christian I've ever met has been a loud-mouthed hypocrite who preaches fire and brimstone to anyone not listening to the ten commandments of the invisible man in the sky. Christians say "we are all sinners" and then proceed to condemn those who don't conform to their twisted sense of reality. Religion has been the cause of more deaths in this world than anything else. Christianity is no better. The Crusades were a power ploy by the Catholic Church to expand their disease into an otherwise peaceful people in the Middle East and prove that they were more powerful than the kings of Europe. Yes, I know Christianity all too well.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
    Most people who smoke marijuana don't "abuse" it. The current laws regarding it are the same as prohibition. It's a stupid tax money waster that ultimately doesn't solve anything. Marijuana is not a "gateway drug." People who choose to move on to higher drugs have other problems, not because they can't seem to get their fix from weed. And there's more than enough proof to show that alcohol has more damaging effects on the body than alcohol. I could go on. An outright ban on marijuana makes as much sense as an outright ban on guns.

I don't think I want to get to know you. Every single self-proclaimed Christian I've ever met has been a loud-mouthed hypocrite who preaches fire and brimstone to anyone not listening to the ten commandments of the invisible man in the sky. Christians say "we are all sinners" and then proceed to condemn those who don't conform to their twisted sense of reality. Religion has been the cause of more deaths in this world than anything else. Christianity is no better. The Crusades were a power ploy by the Catholic Church to expand their disease into an otherwise peaceful people in the Middle East and prove that they were more powerful than the kings of Europe. Yes, I know Christianity all too well.
    Yeah, yeah, yeah. Christian bashing is the only allowed civil rights violation going now. If you said what you just said about any other group, you would probably have DOJ officials knocking on your door right now. Festus mentioned nothing about his being holier than thou, just that he chooses to keep a sober mind. What a concept. Being sober is no manner saying we are holier than any one else. Nevertheless, go bash away, God has already won this and all battles which you will someday learn, hopefully early enough to get on His side of the battle.

Medical marijuana is a farce from a medical perspective. Pot is NOT a benign substance with much documented on its adverse effects. Any other drug with the adverse effects of marijuana would never be approved by the FDA for none other than the simple fact that it does not supplant much safer alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska444 View Post
    Yeah, yeah, yeah. Christian bashing is the only allowed civil rights violation going now. If you said what you just said about any other group, you would probably have DOJ officials knocking on your door right now. Festus mentioned nothing about his being holier than thou, just that he chooses to keep a sober mind. What a concept. Being sober is no manner saying we are holier than any one else. Nevertheless, go bash away, God has already won this and all battles which you will someday learn, hopefully early enough to get on His side of the battle.

Medical marijuana is a farce from a medical perspective. Pot is NOT a benign substance with much documented on its adverse effects. Any other drug with the adverse effects of marijuana would never be approved by the FDA for none other than the simple fact that it does not supplant much safer alternatives.
    What is your feeling on anti-depressants, medicating little kids from age five through their whole life because they are just being kids, etc? Merck and Pfizer and all those folks are just as bad as crack dealers [in this respect] in my opinion.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Alaska444 View Post

"I do not want pot smoking persons in my presence or on my property. It is a gateway drug to more evil drugs. I do not drink. I do not smoke. I do not tolerate drug use of any type.

/"

I DON"T SMOKE! I DON'T DRINK! There was no point in saying that other than to build himself up by knocking others down. He could have just said his views about how he didn't believe marijuana was a good drug and then left it at that. He had absolutely no reason to bring God or his own morals into this unless he was wanting to feed his own ego.

And what are you talking about? There are lots of research to prove that marijuana has benign effects.
    Recent Research on Medical Marijuana - NORML
    MAPS’ Medical Marijuana Research
    Medical Marijuana - Master Reference

Hey, buddy. Do you want me to dig up some more for you? Do you really trust the government with anything after they managed to double the national debt in the last ten years, effectively bankrupt medicare, and continually encroach on your fundamental rights? Get a clue, dude. Go try scaring someone else with your 1984 reference that "Big Brother will come knocking on [my] door." I already know that the 1st Amendment will go as far as to protect the freedom of talking about overthrowing our own government. You fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
    "

And what are you talking about? There are lots of research to prove that marijuana has benign effects.
    Recent Research on Medical Marijuana - NORML
    MAPS’ Medical Marijuana Research
    Medical Marijuana - Master Reference

These so called research organizations are merely front groups for stoners seeking legalization.

There research amounts to " marijuana prevents glaucoma since I smoke it several times a day and don't have glaucoma."

These are junk science, politics driven pseudo research. If they did real science, they could easily be licensed by the DEA, and find real conclusions. Since they probably know already, the data wouldn't support their motives, they don't want legit research.

Alaska, you are dead on. PM me. when you see my med center, you will totally understand where I am coming from!

-Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post
    These so called research organizations are merely front groups for stoners seeking legalization.

There research amounts to " marijuana prevents glaucoma since I smoke it several times a day and don't have glaucoma."

These are junk science, politics driven pseudo research. If they did real science, they could easily be licensed by the DEA, and find real conclusions. Since they probably know already, the data wouldn't support their motives, they don't want legit research.

Alaska, you are dead on. PM me. when you see my med center, you will totally understand where I am coming from!

-Doc
    Let's say marijuana causes brain cancer. If people want to do it, so what? Alcohol causes liver cirrhosis, brain damage, fetal alcohol syndrome, plenty of other things. I'm sure alcohol kills many more people that marijuana ever has, even by proxy (dui or what not). Should alcohol use ban you from owning guns?

Why do we need the government to step in?

I've never seen anyone claim smoking fixed glaucoma, however, it is true that cancer patients can smoke it and have both pain relief and appetite restored. I think that alone is a huge saving grace.
    Last edited by calvin; 07-11-2010 at 12:18 AM.

Marijuana and gunpowder don't mix together any better than does alcohol and gunpowder. Having said that, CCW aren't revoked or denied for having a drink. I believe that this Sheriff is using this as an excuse to deny CCW licenses. IMO.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast