Sheriff appeals of gun permits for pot users - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 62

Thread: Sheriff appeals of gun permits for pot users

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post
    These so called research organizations are merely front groups for stoners seeking legalization.

    There research amounts to " marijuana prevents glaucoma since I smoke it several times a day and don't have glaucoma."

    These are junk science, politics driven pseudo research. If they did real science, they could easily be licensed by the DEA, and find real conclusions. Since they probably know already, the data wouldn't support their motives, they don't want legit research.

    Alaska, you are dead on. PM me. when you see my med center, you will totally understand where I am coming from!

    -Doc
    I think we all know how good the government's judgment is in regards to things. "No offshore drilling unless it's at least a mile deep" led to an environmental disaster that could have been easily truncated in shallower waters. "Hey, this cult in Waco, TX is about to commit mas suicide, so let's kill them before they kill themselves!"
    "Hey, let's allow our taxpayers to take out a huge debt burden to bail out a bunch of corporations silly fiscal mistakes"
    "Hey, let's take out even more debt to redistribute among the states. That should help our failing economy and 'save' jobs."
    "Hey, let's pass a healthcare bill that not a single Republican in the House or Senate was in favor of and let's tax everyone in America who decides not to participate in the healthcare industry, which we're about to take over."
    "Hey, let's take money away from doctors who take Medicare because we can't afford to pay them anymore.'
    "Hey, let's borrow money from Social Security. We'll pay it back soon, right?"

    You've got to be kidding me if you really trust our so-called government and anything they slap their "approved" sticker on. The only reason that marijuana is illegal is because of a smear campaign by Harry J. Anslinger and William R. Hearst because hemp could be a threat as a cheap alternative to cotton and other fibers. Marijuana was made federally illegal in 1937, and our society still had not fully gotten over the irrationality and hysteria of Prohibition. You fail.

  2.   
  3. Quote Originally Posted by rainman97361 View Post
    CCW aren't revoked or denied for having a drink..
    I don't know about the laws in your state, but they can in Tennessee!

  4. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    3,098

    Exclamation Judge not...

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
    I don't think I want to get to know you. Every single self-proclaimed Christian I've ever met has been a loud-mouthed hypocrite who preaches fire and brimstone to anyone not listening to the ten commandments of the invisible man in the sky. Christians say "we are all sinners" and then proceed to condemn those who don't conform to their twisted sense of reality. Religion has been the cause of more deaths in this world than anything else. Christianity is no better. The Crusades were a power ploy by the Catholic Church to expand their disease into an otherwise peaceful people in the Middle East and prove that they were more powerful than the kings of Europe. Yes, I know Christianity all too well.
    Wow...I did not know I had so much power...seriously

    Before you judge anyone...know the circumstances.

    I do hate all illegal drugs...This is why.
    My grandpa K. My dad and most of my uncles save one on my dad's side of the family are all raging alcoholics.
    two of them have served hard time for substance abuse. In every case they started drinking young and smoking pot for the two substance abusers.

    I joined the military to escape the bad name that they had given the family.

    I watched helplessly as Airmen's careers were consumed and destroyed by drugs and alcohol. There is no room for error when dealing with a multi million dollar aircraft or the lives of the pilots who trusted you to fix it right the first time.

    I watch the nightly news aghast at the horrors of the Mexican Cartels and their bid for power forcing human slaves to carry bales of marijuana and other drugs as they cross illegally northward towards our cities and our youth.

    If that is hypocritical then I need a new dictionary. I have yet to bash you for your lack of faith...please don't bash me for my belief and faith in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God!!!!!
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

  5. Quote Originally Posted by amddude View Post
    What is your feeling on anti-depressants, medicating little kids from age five through their whole life because they are just being kids, etc? Merck and Pfizer and all those folks are just as bad as crack dealers [in this respect] in my opinion.
    I am no pediatrician, but I doubt that the old-timer's would have let any doc put their kids on such things. I certainly would never put my kids on that stuff, but what does this have to do with marijuana? BOTH are wrong.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    Wow...I did not know I had so much power...seriously

    Before you judge anyone...know the circumstances.

    I do hate all illegal drugs...This is why.
    My grandpa K. My dad and most of my uncles save one on my dad's side of the family are all raging alcoholics.
    two of them have served hard time for substance abuse. In every case they started drinking young and smoking pot for the two substance abusers.

    I joined the military to escape the bad name that they had given the family.

    I watched helplessly as Airmen's careers were consumed and destroyed by drugs and alcohol. There is no room for error when dealing with a multi million dollar aircraft or the lives of the pilots who trusted you to fix it right the first time.

    I watch the nightly news aghast at the horrors of the Mexican Cartels and their bid for power forcing human slaves to carry bales of marijuana and other drugs as they cross illegally northward towards our cities and our youth.

    If that is hypocritical then I need a new dictionary. I have yet to bash you for your lack of faith...please don't bash me for my belief and faith in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God!!!!!
    It is unfortunate that your family members succumbed to dependency, but that is a choice they made. A CHOICE. America is meant to be a land of freedoms. You're basically saying that you believe that drugs and alcohol should be banned to protect people from themselves. That's like saying that violence, sex, and other taboo appearances should be banned from TV. That's also like the liberals saying we should ban guns to prevent violence. What applies to your family does not apply to everyone. There are some people who enjoy casual consumption of alcohol and marijuana. Why should your family's and others' similar dependency problems ruin it for everyone. Who are YOU to tell people what they can do with their bodies? Personal choices are a God-given right. In the fairy tale book The Bible, God subtly gave Adam the choice of whether or not he would eat the apple. He made his own grave that way.

    These are things you just can't simply ban. How about we ban cars, too? People get in accidents. How about we ban free speech? Racism has no place in today's society. And finally, how about we ban the Internet? I hear there's lots of naughty and suggestive things that your kids can look at on there.

    Or how about we all grow up and take responsibility for our own actions? It's not my or anyone else's fault people get addicted to stuff.

    How about we ban nailpolish remover? I hear that'll give you one heck of a buzz.

    Let me tell you a story: Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall, Humpty Dumpty had a great fall, all the kings horses and all the kings men, couldn't put Humpty back together again.

    Great story, huh? Well there is no Humpty Dumpty, and there is no God.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Alaska444 View Post
    I am no pediatrician, but I doubt that the old-timer's would have let any doc put their kids on such things. I certainly would never put my kids on that stuff, but what does this have to do with marijuana? BOTH are wrong.
    Not every parent would make the choice you would make. An outright ban on a substance because it has controversial cognitive effects is not sufficient. If you make that case, you would have to ban just about everything: nailpolish remover, permanent markers, cough syrup, alcohol, paint, sleeping pills, and on and on.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
    Not every parent would make the choice you would make. An outright ban on a substance because it has controversial cognitive effects is not sufficient. If you make that case, you would have to ban just about everything: nailpolish remover, permanent markers, cough syrup, alcohol, paint, sleeping pills, and on and on.
    First of all, you are way off topic. The subject is CCW and pot in Oregon. CCW is a privilege not a right, so if the sheriff wants to exclude potheads from CCW so be it. If you don't like that then move if you live their or don't apply for a CCW in that county. No one is talking about any bans or anything else. Get a grip man.

    In addition, there is good science on why people should not have a CCW who smoke pot. It has lasting neurological effects even after stopping for several weeks. This article below will give new relevance to the term pothead:

    Marijuana Use Affects Blood Flow In Brain Even After Abstinence

    ScienceDaily (Feb. 13, 2005) ST. PAUL, Minn. People who smoked marijuana had changes in the blood flow in their brains even after a month of not smoking, according to a study published in the February 8 issue of Neurology, the scientific journal of the American Academy of Neurology.

    The findings could explain in part the problems with thinking or remembering found in other studies of marijuana users, according to study authors Ronald Herning, PhD, and Jean Lud Cadet, MD, of the National Institute on Drug Abuse in Baltimore, Md.

    Marijuana Use Affects Blood Flow In Brain Even After Abstinence

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
    It is unfortunate that your family members succumbed to dependency, but that is a choice they made. A CHOICE. America is meant to be a land of freedoms. You're basically saying that you believe that drugs and alcohol should be banned to protect people from themselves. That's like saying that violence, sex, and other taboo appearances should be banned from TV. That's also like the liberals saying we should ban guns to prevent violence. What applies to your family does not apply to everyone. There are some people who enjoy casual consumption of alcohol and marijuana. Why should your family's and others' similar dependency problems ruin it for everyone. Who are YOU to tell people what they can do with their bodies? Personal choices are a God-given right. In the fairy tale book The Bible, God subtly gave Adam the choice of whether or not he would eat the apple. He made his own grave that way.

    These are things you just can't simply ban. How about we ban cars, too? People get in accidents. How about we ban free speech? Racism has no place in today's society. And finally, how about we ban the Internet? I hear there's lots of naughty and suggestive things that your kids can look at on there.

    Or how about we all grow up and take responsibility for our own actions? It's not my or anyone else's fault people get addicted to stuff.

    How about we ban nailpolish remover? I hear that'll give you one heck of a buzz.

    Let me tell you a story: Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall, Humpty Dumpty had a great fall, all the kings horses and all the kings men, couldn't put Humpty back together again.

    Great story, huh? Well there is no Humpty Dumpty, and there is no God.
    If that is your argument that you will use on judgement day, good luck.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Alaska444 View Post
    CCW is a privilege not a right
    "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

    Yeah, sounds like Chinese to me, too, buddy.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Alaska444 View Post
    If that is your argument that you will use on judgement day, good luck.
    Yes, the glorious Armageddon. News flash: Armageddon is one of religion's biggest money-makers. Just look at the sales records of all the books and movies made about the subject. Sounds like the people preaching about it take it really seriously. Who needs money if doom is right around the corner?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 10 Commandments of Concealed Carry
    By HK4U in forum Concealed Carry Discussion
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 06-21-2011, 09:51 AM
  2. Part 2, Can Gun Control Reduce Crime?
    By gdcleanfun in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-19-2010, 12:52 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-05-2008, 02:17 AM
  4. Gun permits a loaded issue
    By CA CCWInstructor in forum California Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-28-2008, 08:38 PM
  5. Investigative Report: Sheriff donors got gun permits
    By CA CCWInstructor in forum California Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-23-2007, 01:05 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast