Sheriff appeals of gun permits for pot users - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Sheriff appeals of gun permits for pot users

Exclamation Jesus loves you and I am praying for you

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
    It is unfortunate that your family members succumbed to dependency, but that is a choice they made. A CHOICE. America is meant to be a land of freedoms. You're basically saying that you believe that drugs and alcohol should be banned to protect people from themselves. That's like saying that violence, sex, and other taboo appearances should be banned from TV. That's also like the liberals saying we should ban guns to prevent violence. What applies to your family does not apply to everyone. There are some people who enjoy casual consumption of alcohol and marijuana. Why should your family's and others' similar dependency problems ruin it for everyone. Who are YOU to tell people what they can do with their bodies? Personal choices are a God-given right. In the fairy tale book The Bible, God subtly gave Adam the choice of whether or not he would eat the apple. He made his own grave that way.

These are things you just can't simply ban. How about we ban cars, too? People get in accidents. How about we ban free speech? Racism has no place in today's society. And finally, how about we ban the Internet? I hear there's lots of naughty and suggestive things that your kids can look at on there.

Or how about we all grow up and take responsibility for our own actions? It's not my or anyone else's fault people get addicted to stuff.

How about we ban nailpolish remover? I hear that'll give you one heck of a buzz.

Let me tell you a story: Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall, Humpty Dumpty had a great fall, all the kings horses and all the kings men, couldn't put Humpty back together again.

Great story, huh? Well there is no Humpty Dumpty, and there is no God.
    Please re-read my previous posts. I did not say they should be banned, I said I did not could not support those that make that choice. Please do not put words into my mouth that I did not speak.

I do want you to know two things...Jesus Loves you...and...I am praying for you!
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

3. Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    Please re-read my previous posts. I did not say they should be banned, I said I did not could not support those that make that choice. Please do not put words into my mouth that I did not speak.

I do want you to know two things...Jesus Loves you...and...I am praying for you!
    Yes, praise the Lord Almighty! For he is an invisible man in the sky with a list of "10 things [he] does not want you to do." And if you do any of these things, there's a place filled with fire, and burning, and torture, and anguish, and pain, and misery, where he will send you to live and cry forever and ever, until the end of time.

But he loves you.

But he loves you.

He's all-powerful, all-knowing, omni-present, and he loves you, yet he allows this kind of place to exist and for you to possibly go there when you die.

And he loves you.

And since he's all-knowing, why would he need you to pray to him? He already knows your thoughts and knows what you're thinking and what you're going to say. Why bother praying at all?

Religion makes no sense other than it's the best business scheme of all time! Make lifelong followers who will passionately and unapologetically give you all kinds of money and will advertise for you at every opportunity.

You really have to stand in awe of how well this entire marketing scheme has played out for thousands of years.

I'm sorry. This must be Theocracy 101. I was looking for Marijuana Cultivation 152... why are both of these classes in the agronomy building?
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyInBlue View Post
    I'm sorry. This must be Theocracy 101. I was looking for Marijuana Cultivation 152... why are both of these classes in the agronomy building?
    If I found those listed on my program of study I'd be extremely upset; I'd consider a visit with the Dean (Regents if I had to) to be necessary.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Quote Originally Posted by nds View Post
    while i am not a user of illegal substances, and i don't condone casually breaking the law, i can see this is going to be a major problem in our near future.

States will be legalizing marijuana beginning this november and the gray area of 'medicinal marijuana' will expand into a much larger problem.

I see all of this as a responsibility problem. If someone is responsible in their use of any mind or mood altering substance and is also responsible with their guns, there's no problem. If a person has a problem we already have laws in place to take care of it.

The sheriff is looking for a way to extend and abuse his authority. If all the various products are legally possessed, he should stay out of peoples' lives.
    amen!!

Quote Originally Posted by amddude View Post
    What is your feeling on anti-depressants, medicating little kids from age five through their whole life because they are just being kids, etc? Merck and Pfizer and all those folks are just as bad as crack dealers [in this respect] in my opinion.
    If there is a true imbalance that requires small doses of anti-depressents for adults there is no problem.
    As for medicating children for being children I find it is only used for the convience of adults that interact with these children.
    Many of the things we take drugs for can be controlled by educating yourself about the things you want to hide from. We want life to be anything but real.

Quote Originally Posted by KathleenElsie View Post
    If there is a true imbalance that requires small doses of anti-depressents for adults there is no problem.
    As for medicating children for being children I find it is only used for the convience of adults that interact with these children.
    Many of the things we take drugs for can be controlled by educating yourself about the things you want to hide from. We want life to be anything but real.
    Please, everyone, understand this is the truth and repeat it often. We overmedicate our children for no good reason. There are better ways to deal with 'children being children' (which often means 'boys being boys') than prescribing medications.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

9. Can we smoke crack and do meth so long as we aint actually doing it while armed? They both really help some people with their pain.

I found it refreshing how the OP found something the big bad gubmit (OR Sherrif) did WTR witholding permits was actually being supported in the original post.

Was I the olny one who noticed that? Is that a 1st?

We are after all, in the agronomy building!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony_I_Am View Post
    Can we smoke crack and do meth so long as we aint actually doing it while armed? They both really help some people with their pain.
    It is not the government's job to regulate these things, CERTAINLY not at a federal level. Whatever you think, that's unconstitutional.

There isn't a soul here who doesn't know someone (or someone who knows someone) that they could buy any manner of drugs from. The war on drugs is a big ass money hole and serves just to militarize the police. Take a look at swat team raids increasing over the past few years. Crime hasn't gone up in that time.

There was a guy here in florida that someone called the cops and said he was a drug dealer. The county sent swat out because they knew he had a carry permit (that was their justification) and thus a gun. They knock down his door in the middle of the night, he gets the gun to defend himself and gets killed. I doubt at 2am any of us would understand it was the authorities and not criminals busting down our door. It was all over 2 grams of marijuana. Thank goodness that guy is off the street...
    Last edited by calvin; 07-15-2010 at 08:13 AM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast