Why I carry - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why I carry

handgonnetoter Guest
    Yes, those are the kind of posts that actually support the cause instead of causing a argument. Good job.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin'.

A little plagerism never hurts. I'm swiping this from a good friend that sent it to me. Kind of strikes a chord.

My old grandpa said to me 'Son, there comes a time in every man's life when
    he stops bustin' knuckles and starts bustin' caps and
    usually it's when he becomes too old to take an ass whoopin.'

I don't carry a gun to kill people.
    I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun to scare people.
    I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.
    I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil.
    I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government.
    I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry.
    I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone.
    I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk
    somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy.
    I carry a gun because, when I die and go to heaven, I want to be a cowboy.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man.
    I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate.
    I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it.
    I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

Police protection is an oxymoron.
    Free citizens must protect themselves.

Police do not protect you from crime, they usually just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin'. (This one's mine)

5. I carry because BG's are every where and don't mind doing what BG's do. My wife is Wheel Chair Bound and we are easy targets. I carry and she carries because it is the right thing to do for safety sake. The Main Wal-mart we go to frequently has already had a young man brutally murdered in the parking lot. Guy that killed him, wanted his truck, so he took the the man's truck by murder. BG's have no fear of LEO's nor of Consequences for what they have done are about to do. Then I guess I am following the example of my Granddaddy Harris, Mom's Dad. Years ago a guy came and tried to get in the house. Granddaddy was a mild a man as they come, but when you start to mess with family and what does'nt belong to you, namely everything in his house, and he was going to defend those whom he loved and what he owned. With and old 16 Gauge Single Shot Shotgun, he defended his home. No blood shed but assured the BG that Blood Shed would soon be real if he didn't get off the property really quick. Exit Stage the way he came! I think we all carry, or most of us carry all the time where legal because it is a necessity and it is the right thing to do.

Take Care yall
    Boze

"As for the builders, each wore a sword girded at his side as he built, while the trumpeter stood near me" Neh 4:18
    If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to, this is the last stand on earth." Ronald Reagan, "The time for Choosing" October 1964

Because I prefer to be the victor rather than the victim.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12