I finally found a comfortable holste r!!!

Thread: I finally found a comfortable holste r!!!

1. I finally found a comfortable holste r!!!

Dear All,

I have seen a number of posts relating to comfortable carry holsters, and I have purchased a few holsters myself in my quest for the ideal way to carry. Unfortunately, this is not a universal fix, but for many of you it may also be something you could pursue.

One of my biggest challenges has been how to carry on summer days when I am in jogging shorts and a tee shirt (no belt to mount a holster on even if I wanted to carry that way). I found a local leathersmith who specializes in gun leather, and he made a custom holster and a thin leather belt that I could strap around my hip underneath the jogging shorts. It works absolutely GREAT! It not only conceals well, but the gun is totally secure. He also made a retention strap (with a quick release) that straps over the firing pin so that my 1911 can be carried in a cocked and locked position with yet another safety measure in place. I like it so much that I am taking my S & W 9 MM and my Kimber 45 1911 to him to make a holster that will mount in the same way. Total cost for this rig? $ 35. And it took him one day to make it.

He also made a shoulder holster that I use with business attire that is really comfortable. I carry under my left shoulder. It also has the retention strap so I don't have to worry about the gun falling out. He also made this in about two days and y total cost was $ 95.

I thought that I would share this for those of you still searching for an ideal option in this area. If you have a leathersmilth in your area, it may be worth a visit and a custom job. They may be more reasonable than you would think.

BLessings,

Neal

Quote Originally Posted by Neal View Post
    Dear All,

I have seen a number of posts relating to comfortable carry holsters, and I have purchased a few holsters myself in my quest for the ideal way to carry. Unfortunately, this is not a universal fix, but for many of you it may also be something you could pursue.

One of my biggest challenges has been how to carry on summer days when I am in jogging shorts and a tee shirt (no belt to mount a holster on even if I wanted to carry that way). I found a local leathersmith who specializes in gun leather, and he made a custom holster and a thin leather belt that I could strap around my hip underneath the jogging shorts. It works absolutely GREAT! It not only conceals well, but the gun is totally secure. He also made a retention strap (with a quick release) that straps over the firing pin so that my 1911 can be carried in a cocked and locked position with yet another safety measure in place. I like it so much that I am taking my S & W 9 MM and my Kimber 45 1911 to him to make a holster that will mount in the same way. Total cost for this rig? $ 35. And it took him one day to make it.

He also made a shoulder holster that I use with business attire that is really comfortable. I carry under my left shoulder. It also has the retention strap so I don't have to worry about the gun falling out. He also made this in about two days and y total cost was $ 95.

I thought that I would share this for those of you still searching for an ideal option in this area. If you have a leathersmilth in your area, it may be worth a visit and a custom job. They may be more reasonable than you would think.

BLessings,

Neal
    Pictures. I like pictures. Pictures tell the story. 8x10 color glossy photographs with circles and arrows...

I'm waiting for my custom leather rig for my Colt Officer's ACP. I also have a mag pouch coming from the same guy for my M&P45.

Holsters Concealment Systems Gunleather Concealed Carry for Weapons

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    Pictures. I like pictures. Pictures tell the story. 8x10 color glossy photographs with circles and arrows...
    and notes on the back.

Neal, can you post the location of his shop? contact info? Thank you!

And yes, we need pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    Neal, can you post the location of his shop? contact info? Thank you!

And yes, we need pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ditto that!
    Never argue with an idiot. First they drag you down to their level then they beat you with experience!

ALAS...No Pictures!!