Extra mags?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extra mags?

Extra mags?

New to cc here in MI just got my cpl about a month ago, I have not been able to find anything that says extra mags have to be concealed while you are ccing. Does anyone know about this? Could you carry them in a mag holder on your belt?

Exclamation Why give away the surprise...

Quote Originally Posted by emt232004 View Post
    New to cc here in MI just got my cpl about a month ago, I have not been able to find anything that says extra mags have to be concealed while you are ccing. Does anyone know about this? Could you carry them in a mag holder on your belt?
    I conceal my spare mags because I do not want the hint of a man with a gun call being made. I try my best not to print for the same reason. It's a good bet if you are carrying mags it aint because you throw them. There is probably a gun in the mess somewhere. Keep your concealed carry concealed and your open carry open. Mix and match does not work for me.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

emt if you want the legal answer, you should check Michigan law.
    If you want the common sense answer, Festus gives good advice. When I carry concealed, I don't want any one to know I have a gun. I don't even tell my husband when I am carrying; he just assumes I am. If you have mags showing on your belt, the whole world will know you have a gun, and much trouble can arise even if you are "legal." Some of our society is not ready to mix with guns in public... To me, concealed doesn't just apply to youir gun. It also applies to all of your gear.
    That's my .02
    Fondis

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    I conceal my spare mags because I do not want the hint of a man with a gun call being made. I try my best not to print for the same reason. It's a good bet if you are carrying mags it aint because you throw them. There is probably a gun in the mess somewhere. Keep your concealed carry concealed and your open carry open. Mix and match does not work for me.
    When I intend to cc is only when I am not able to oc. I have not been able to find a law in MI that states anything about such a thing and was curious to opinion. Yes others would see the mags and assume you have a firearm but they would not be able to see it the firearm so it would be speculation. Even though our society is not ready to mix with guns in public they are getting used to it each new day. IMO the more we oc legally it will bring them around to the idea.

I'm not an attorney, and don't remember anything about mags... But I do like Festus's answer and I like to conceal any extra mags I do carry. I have a few pair of Tact trousers with mag pouches and I will carry a spare from time to time in those trousers.
    Semper Fi

+1

If you are going to CC, CC everything, If you are going to OC, OC everything. My .02
    Semper Fi
    Most people go through life wondering if they have made a difference, United States Marines do not have that problem. Pres R. Regan 1985

+1 Keep it all out of sight...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by emt232004 View Post
    Sounds like a hypothetical to me as if you carry on the belt or IWB you'll need a cover garmet anyway. Also, you could leave yourself open to an LEO's interpretation, which isn't a good place to be. I also would conceal the mags. However, there are some clever ways to do it:

1) Folding knife/Leatherman pouch (just be sure it is legal to have the knife on your belt)
    2) Cell phone/PDA case with a closure
    3) Small camera case (thank Massad Ayoob for inspiring this idea).

10. Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    couldnt have said it better

I carry my spare mag in a knife sheath that completely covers the magazine so it just looks like i am carrying a multi-tool or folding knife.

I carry it openly on my gun belt but my shirt usually covers it.

If it gets exposed no one thinks twice about someone carrying a work knife or multi-tool. Plenty of good sheaths out there with logos on them for multi-tools that will work good for mags.

Buy a Gerber sheath and no one will be the wiser; unless they ask to borrow your knife and you pull it out of a different location.

Like this, but make sure it fits your mags length.

Amazon.com: Gerber Sheath Xlarge Basic Black - 08766: Kitchen & Dining

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast