IWB Carry?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IWB Carry?

IWB Carry?

I'm considering changing to inside the wasteband carry. Should I assume that my pants and shorts will have to be replaced with ones that are 1 to 2 sizes larger? If that's the case, the cost of the new holster is going to actually be a lot higher than I originally anticipated. Any thoughts from IWB carriers would be greatly appreciated.

I have two IWB holsters that I use a lot during warm/ hot weather. I have not had to change pant size but did buy a slightly larger belt. I don't know how you like your pants to fit around the waist but I like mine to be slightly loose fitting (not hang down to your rear loose) and this allows for the addition of the holster. Of course things tighten up while carrying.

4. Yup. If you're pants aren't tight already, you'll most likely have enough room - of course there are a lot of factors that may invalidate this assertion. You should get a good IWB belt that is about 4" larger than your usual belts.

I usually carry IWB, and agree with what both ron and mud have said. That's been my experience, as well. I've not had to buy any new clothes to carry IWB, but a new belt did help... with my usual belt, I was on the last notch when carrying, and it didn't fit quite right like that.
    South Carolina CWP holder and proud member of GrassRoots GunRights

I wear my regular pants and use my regular pretty wide belt with no issue..
    I guess it depends on what you carry too. If you're carrying around a .50 Desert Eagle it's going to have a much greater effect that if you are carrying a subcompact 9mm..

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Quote Originally Posted by HootmonSccy View Post
    If you're carrying around a .50 Desert Eagle it's going to have a much greater effect that if you are carrying a subcompact 9mm.
    I had the mental image of trying to carry a full-sized DE .50 and tipping over to one side, off-balanced...

Better carry one on each hip for balance!
    South Carolina CWP holder and proud member of GrassRoots GunRights

I to wear my pants lose fitting and no not to my [email protected]@ Crack. I have caried IWB and OWB and the only thing is that you will need to do is ensure you have a good belt that is a few inches larger. And depending on what holster you go with will depend on the comfort as well. My Super Tuck fits better and not as tight as my High Noon IWB. The Super Tuck is probably the best fitting holster I've ever worn. I only use my High Noon when I am appendix carrying. So if your wearing rock star tight jeans then you may have a problem but that would be the only reason I see for having to buy new clothes.
    NRA Certified Instructor
    US Army Retired
    Prior Federal Police Officer Instructor

If you have love handles hanging over, IWB is painful. On the other hand, if you're from "da hood" and wear your pants loose half way down you butt, consider a shoulder holster.
    Help your own self - the Government is busy takin' care of itself!
    Retired LEO

I carry SOB or shoulder with my Auto or OWB Clam for the wheel gun. Got those handles since birth so IWB is as Saltcreek points out, painful. As for the plumbers crack, it's now known as Man Cleve.

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by HootmonSccy View Post
    I wear my regular pants and use my regular pretty wide belt with no issue..
    I guess it depends on what you carry too. If you're carrying around a .50 Desert Eagle it's going to have a much greater effect that if you are carrying a subcompact 9mm..
    If you carry a .50 Desert Eagle, you should use a SmartCarry holster.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast