Pennsylvania concealed question

Thread: Pennsylvania concealed question

Pennsylvania concealed question

planning a trip to Pa. curious to know if there are any specific restrictions i need to know about I.E. ammunition restriction's or if there are specific places in where carry is prohibited above and beyond federal buildings, court houses, and educational facility's. any help would be appreciated
    We would be better off with BORAT as PRESIDENT!!!!

PA has very few restrictions. The first post at this thread sums it all up nicely...and it routinely updated.

Places you can/can not carry in PA

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stumpjumper101 View Post
    planning a trip to Pa. curious to know if there are any specific restrictions i need to know about I.E. ammunition restriction's or if there are specific places in where carry is prohibited above and beyond federal buildings, court houses, and educational facility's. any help would be appreciated
    If you don't mind, I will like to piggy back on your thread.

I see you are travelling from virginia and would need to cross thru maryland. I am wondering if maryland have a "High Cap" band(only 10 rd mags), like in NY?

Quote Originally Posted by ricardo900 View Post
    If you don't mind, I will like to piggy back on your thread.

I see you are travelling from virginia and would need to cross thru maryland. I am wondering if maryland have a "High Cap" band(only 10 rd mags), like in NY?
    I dont know the answer to that one, but it will not be an issue for me i like 8+1 guns!

Maryland does NOT recognize any other state and is NOT handgun friendly!!!!

8. Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    PA has very few restrictions. The first post at this thread sums it all up nicely...and it routinely updated.

Places you can/can not carry in PA
    I have a question about PA carry as well and instead of starting a new thread I'll jump on this one. Can you carry a concealed weapon hunting all seasons but, mainly archery season? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by njsportsman View Post
    I have a question about PA carry as well and instead of starting a new thread I'll jump on this one. Can you carry a concealed weapon hunting all seasons but, mainly archery season? Thanks
    Yes...as long as you don't use the firearm for actual hunting out of season.

PA Game Commission

Sec. 2525. Amended November 29, 2006, Act No. 162, Effective January 28, 2007.

Sec. 2525. Possession of firearm for protection of self or others.

(a) General rule.- It is lawful for a law enforcement officer or any person who possesses a valid license to carry a firearm issued under 18 Pa C.S. Section 6109 (relating to licenses) to be in possession of a loaded or unloaded firearm while engaged in any activity regulated by this title.

(b) Construction.

(1) This section shall supersede any prohibition on the possession of firearms or ammunition contained in any other provision of this title.

(2) This subsection shall not be construed to permit the hunting or harvesting of any wildlife with a firearm or ammunition not otherwise permitted by this title.

(c) Definitions. - As used in this section, the following words and phrases shall have the meanings given to them in this subsection:

"Firearm." As defined in 18 Pa C.S. ß6102 (relating to definitions).

"Law enforcement officer." As defined in 18 Pa C.S. ß6102 (relating to definitions).

10. Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    Yes...as long as you don't use the firearm for actual hunting out of season.

From PAFOA
    "Firearm." Any pistol or revolver with a barrel length less than 15 inches, any shotgun with a barrel length less than 18 inches or any rifle with a barrel length less than 16 inches, or any pistol, revolver, rifle or shotgun with an overall length of less than 26 inches. The barrel length of a firearm shall be determined by measuring from the muzzle of the barrel to the face of the closed action, bolt or cylinder, whichever is applicable.

First thank you for the info.
    So I guess this means I can carry my Glock it makes no reference to semi auto. Usually you are not allowed to hunt with a semi auto rifle. I wouldn't anyway i would carry my snub .357 revolver. Thanks again

11. Here's what it says in the 2010-11 hunting digest:

Unlawful Firearms & Devices: 1) Automatic and semi-automatic
    (autoloading) rifles and handguns; 2) air or gas operated rifles and
    handguns.

Firearms - Handguns: A Sportsmanís Firearms permit or a License
    to Carry Firearms is required to carry a handgun, or have in a motor
    vehicle. Licenses to Carry Firearms permits are issued by county sheriffs
    or the Philadelphia Chief of Police. The License to Carry Firearms
    permit only entitles bowhunters or spotlighters, for instance, to
    carry firearms that fall within this classification. County treasurers
    issue Sportsmanís Firearms Permits. A person holding a Sportsmanís
    Firearms Permit may not carry a concealed handgun or a loaded
    handgun in a vehicle, and may not carry a handgun while
    bowhunting or spotlighting]

So if you go by this I couldn't carry my Glock but, if you go by the PAFOA you can. To be safe I will just carry my snubby revolver.