Georgia State Parks

Thread: Georgia State Parks

Georgia State Parks

I have a New Hampshire Non-Resident Concealed Carry permit. I know I can carry when visiting the State of Georgia but can I carry in their State Parks. My wife and I will be doing some day hiking at the Amicalola Falls State Park and I would sure fell better if I can carry My Glock 27. The Amicalola Falls State Park is also the trail head for the Appellation Trail, any problem if we get on the trail?
    Frank
    Glock 27, Glock 23, Glock 22
    Mossberg 930SPX

Morning Old Salt, PM inbound. The Appalachian Trail goes through state, fed, and private lands. Laws are different. I carry anytime I am on the trail(24/7 everywhere) because there are threats of two legged and four legged types. I have never been scrutinized by game personel because I kept my carry concealed. My life is more important than their anti-carry laws. It is kept quiet but there are several deaths due to attacks on the trail each year. Especially as you near more northern areas and more populated areas where the muggers/rapist have easy access to the trail. My tent has velcro openings on each end and I can get out very easily. The trail is a beautiful place and so very enjoyable. Pleasant hiking to you and yours. Will be there myself this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by -06 View Post
    Morning Old Salt, PM inbound. The Appalachian Trail goes through state, fed, and private lands. Laws are different. I carry anytime I am on the trail(24/7 everywhere) because there are threats of two legged and four legged types. I have never been scrutinized by game personel because I kept my carry concealed. My life is more important than their anti-carry laws. It is kept quiet but there are several deaths due to attacks on the trail each year. Especially as you near more northern areas and more populated areas where the muggers/rapist have easy access to the trail. My tent has velcro openings on each end and I can get out very easily. The trail is a beautiful place and so very enjoyable. Pleasant hiking to you and yours. Will be there myself this fall.
    Thank you 06

I totally agree and I’m going to carry. My wife and I are retired I’m 67 my wife is a few years younger. My .40 S&W Glock 27 is my equalizer. We moved to the up State of South Carolina four years ago and I already know of two killings on the AT trail. One was a young girl and her dog on a day hike. Her dog was found two days latter wondering around a small town her body was found after the drifter was arrested. An other was an elderly couple, he was found beat to death, she has not been found yet. I’m sure the AT is very safe with thousands of people having no problems. But If I’ve learned anything in my 67 years it’s be aware of your surroundings. What good is it to have a South Carolina and a New Hampshire concealed carry permit in your wallet if you leave your weapon at home?
    Frank
    Glock 27, Glock 23, Glock 22
    Mossberg 930SPX

I'm with you old salt! I would carry as well. By the way, the G27 is a fine carry piece. I'm carrying mine now Bring an extra mag with you just in case. Enjoy your trip!