Derringers at dawn - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Derringers at dawn

Quote Originally Posted by kb8uvm View Post
    Fondis Firearms ,

I couldn't find a holster that I liked for the Cobra so I made a couple holsters myself.

Here's a pic of the holster I use for the Cobra when I'm driving (cross draw), it works out pretty good when I'm on the motorcycle.
    Thanks kb8uvm! I may end up making something too.
    Fondis

I sometimes carry a .38 or a .41 derringer. You just about have to "press flesh" to hit someone with these but still better than nothing.

I carry a Cobra 9mm in a uncle mikes pocket holster all the time. I also cary on my belt reload for it that include rat shot for snakes and defence loads.

Quote Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
    You just about have to "press flesh" to hit someone with these
    Not true, at least not with mine.

At 10yds on a B27 target I can do as well with my Derringer as I can my PPK (put almost every round in the 10 ring).
    Not sure if I got lucky or what but I shoot my Derringer every week & the only negative I have to say about it is it kicks so dern much! 10rds of 147gr will leave my hand certifiably hurting!
    Never argue with an idiot. First they drag you down to their level then they beat you with experience!

I carry a Bond Arms C2K 45/410 with a .45 in the top barrel and a .410 in the lower.

I also have a pocket holster made by uncle mikes size "0: for shorts and use the "watch" pocket when I wear Jeans.
    Last edited by FifteenCents; 07-28-2010 at 11:31 PM. Reason: typo
    Bond Arms Century 2000 .45/.410 Hand Cannon

Springfield Arms XDs .45

Quote Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
    I sometimes carry a .38 or a .41 derringer. You just about have to "press flesh" to hit someone with these but still better than nothing.
    True, derringers are not the most accurate of firearms, that is why I load it with .410 '00' buckshot
    Bond Arms Century 2000 .45/.410 Hand Cannon

Springfield Arms XDs .45

NAA mini revolver 22 mag
    http://www.change.org/petitions/self...tate-residents
    NRA Life Member, SCOPE,SAF Join up!

Bond Arms Ranger

Picked up one last gun show and I am VERY impressed with this weapon! Ive found it very easy to conceal and it packs an awesome " one two punch". A must for any size collection!
    Action Is Always Faster Than Reaction!!!

Another holster

I made another holster for my derringer about a month ago. I really like how this holster came out and it carries great for those times when I need to carry it.
    Attachment 648
    Attachment 647

kb8uvm,
    I would worry that your new holster does not guard the trigger or the hammer. All it does is hold the gun, with no safety from accidental discharge.
    Fondis
    Fondis

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast