Concealed Carry Liability Insurance - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry Liability Insurance

+1 on Wolfhunter's recommendation.

Got my lawyer on speed dial, now I'm lookin' for trouble....

Quote Originally Posted by jibbster View Post
    just had this very discussion with my agent a few weeks ago... at least for me (Farmers) I am covered up to $300,000 on my homeowners, but he suggested if I was concerned, to get a $1mil rider on my homeowners policy. I forget the quote I got, but the price was reasonable.

Your agent should call claims and ask for a RLA. THat is a request for legal advice from their atty dept. I have been in claims for 14 years, as an adjuster, supervisor and state manager. Liability does not cover intentional acts under any policy for any company I have worked for or discussed.

"We do not cover bodily injury...which is caused by, arises out of or is the result of an intentional act by or at the direction of any insured. This includes any intentional act by any insured whether a criminal act or otherwise, where resulting injury or damage would be objectively expected to a high degree of likelihood..."

Shooting someone I would think would both be intentional and have a reasonable expectation of injury. Still, an insurance atty might say something different although there is likely plenty of case law out there. I am getting ready to give a depo on a claim and I think I will ask my atty his opinion for Nevada.

Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    Your agent should call claims and ask for a RLA. THat is a request for legal advice from their atty dept. I have been in claims for 14 years, as an adjuster, supervisor and state manager. Liability does not cover intentional acts under any policy for any company I have worked for or discussed.

"We do not cover bodily injury...which is caused by, arises out of or is the result of an intentional act by or at the direction of any insured. This includes any intentional act by any insured whether a criminal act or otherwise, where resulting injury or damage would be objectively expected to a high degree of likelihood..."

Shooting someone I would think would both be intentional and have a reasonable expectation of injury. Still, an insurance atty might say something different although there is likely plenty of case law out there. I am getting ready to give a depo on a claim and I think I will ask my atty his opinion for Nevada.
    Thanks, buddy...great info...I will follow-up and post the results.

Seems like someone posted about a company that specialized in this insurance a little while back. I don't think they covered most states yet but were working on it. They would cover your legal bills up to a certain limit as long as you were found not-guilty or the charges were dropped. This is the standard and if you find anyone to isure you it will be only if you are not convicted and after you have already spend all your savings and mortgaged everything to pay your lawyer. Insurance sounds good butread the fine print several times before you pull the trigger.

I guess when I am faced with being attacked I will pause and ask the B.G. to wait while I consult my insurance forms, local police and my lawyer. I think he'll understand that I have to check things out before I defend myself. Face it your going to lose or going to win, and it is going to cost you either way. If I have to worry about the ramifications of protecting myself from harm then I guess I should rethink my stance on carrying a weapon......O.K. thought it over, I'm still carrying.

Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    This includes any intentional act by any insured whether a criminal act or otherwise, where resulting injury or damage would be objectively expected to a high degree of likelihood..."

Shooting someone I would think would both be intentional and have a reasonable expectation of injury. .
    Thanks Buddy, great point. We do carry to inflect harm and or death in protecting ourselves and or family. I believe this is why you don't find general policies out there against civil injury. As for an Attorney, Wolfunter said it best, find one and put him on your speed dial.

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by THE DUKE OF ESSEX View Post
    I guess when I am faced with being attacked I will pause and ask the B.G. to wait while I consult my insurance forms, local police and my lawyer. I think he'll understand that I have to check things out before I defend myself. Face it your going to lose or going to win, and it is going to cost you either way. If I have to worry about the ramifications of protecting myself from harm then I guess I should rethink my stance on carrying a weapon......O.K. thought it over, I'm still carrying.
    Thanks. That puts it in the proper perspective.

Buddy explained it best above. Insurance is for accidents and acts of nature. I would consider anyone who collects premiums for some sort of specific type CCW policy or rider suspect. I bet they could not be relied on to pay up if it comes down to that.

Curious to know the background and payout history of that CHL protection plan outfit. Cheesy web page, Paypal, looks like a scam to me.

And like FN1910 said, better read the fine print.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast