Concealed Carry Liability Insurance - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry Liability Insurance

Or if you are really that worried about it just move to South Dakota where such lawsuits are banned under an "assumption of risk" statute.

22-48-2. Perpetrator's assumption of risk--Victim immune from liability--Victim's duty--Exception. A perpetrator assumes the risk of loss, injury, or death resulting from or arising out of a course of criminal conduct involving a crime, as defined in this chapter, engaged in by the perpetrator or a person who aids or abets the perpetrator, as defined in 22-3-3, and the crime victim is immune from and not liable for any damages as a result of acts or omissions of the victim if the victim used reasonable force. However, the perpetrator's assumption of risk does not eliminate the crime victim's duty to protect against conditions upon the premises which the crime victim knows or has reason to know may create an unreasonable risk of harm or which may cause a foreseeable trespass by minors, nor does the assumption of risk apply to perpetrators who are mentally incompetent.

Source: SL 1998, ch 124, 2.

Chapter 22-48

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    Buddy explained it best above. Insurance is for accidents and acts of nature. I would consider anyone who collects premiums for some sort of specific type CCW policy or rider suspect. I bet they could not be relied on to pay up if it comes down to that.

Curious to know the background and payout history of that CHL protection plan outfit. Cheesy web page, Paypal, looks like a scam to me.

And like FN1910 said, better read the fine print.
    I thought the same thing when I saw it, but it was the only CCW insurance site (if you want to call it that) I could find. So I posted the link. However in reality it will come down to you and your lawyer.

Have any of you looked into the Armed Citizen's Legal Defense Network, LLC? It is not insurance, but rather education and assistance with legal fees should you need it. I have not joined yet, but am seriously considering it.
    Fondis

Thumbs up ...need help in a Self Defense Shooting?

...consider the Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network. Google it or link on my website.

6. Thumbs up http://www.armedcitizensnetwork.org/home

This is my choice too. Well known, reputable, and with good educational videos/articles.

Armed Citizen's Legal Defense Network, LLC

Could not find the Introduction Form. I recently received my CW license and currently shopping for carry weapon. I am looking at three weapons in particular: Cal-Tec AT?, Rugur LCP and a Taurus. Does anyone have any suggestions. Also, what is the best way to FIND an attorney who specializes in weapon carry?

Thanks,

Ed

I don't have insurance per se, I would question the validity of the coverage and extent.

The best insurance is between your ears and at the tip of your trigger finger.
    Personal liability is just one reason why the decision to carry is a serious consideration for each of us.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by eebeve View Post
    Could not find the Introduction Form. I recently received my CW license and currently shopping for carry weapon. I am looking at three weapons in particular: Cal-Tec AT?, Rugur LCP and a Taurus. Does anyone have any suggestions. Also, what is the best way to FIND an attorney who specializes in weapon carry?

Thanks,

Ed
    I carry a Taurus P140 as primary and have a KEl-tec 380 as BUG with a Ruger Millennium 9 as my alternate carry.
    The Second Amendment is about the right to be able to protect oneself from all who would do us harm including Legislators! I came into this world screaming and covered in someone Else's blood, don't care if I go out the same way

carry permit

Hello everyone new to this site new in PA from NY im interested in obtaining a carry permit in PA any info on where to go to get one

Quote Originally Posted by claytonchin View Post
    Hello everyone new to this site new in PA from NY im interested in obtaining a carry permit in PA any info on where to go to get one
    Welcome to USA Carry!.

You should start a new thread in the Concealed Carry Discussion, this particular thread won't get much traffic for your specific question.

Good luck and welcome.

Steve

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast