MUST be concealed - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MUST be concealed

Tell your friend that he/she doesn't make laws. In NC OC & CC are legal (of course you need a CHP for one!). There is one little line in the state statute that says; "NOTE: You should not attempt to display either your weapon or your permit unless directed to by an officer." But then NC is also an OC state, go figure.
    MSgt, USAF (ret), Life Member - NRA, Life Member - NAHC,
    Life Member - NCOA, Member - USCCA, Member - NCGR,
    Member - Oathkeepers

3. Open carry is legal in North Carolina. A CHP allows you to carry that weapon concealed. A CHP does not void any of your other rights, such as the right to open carry. Some states (like Texas) prohibit open carry, therefore it would be illegal in that state to OC with a CHP. This is not the case in NC.

See STATE V. ROBERT S HUNTLEY

if at some point his vest moves and the gun is revealed etc?
    If that happens then I am temporarily open carrying, which is legal. The only thing is if a cop observes this he might ask you if you have a CHP.

NOTE: You should not attempt to display either your weapon or your permit unless directed to by an officer."
    This is not a situation where a concealed handgun is observed as in the open-jacket situation or open carrying. This is for the idiots that, when stopped by a cop and they are carrying a concealed handgun (with permit) they say "look, here it is" and pull out their piece. As innocent at that action might be, that action tends to be frowned on by cops. LOL

I think it depends on the LEO you come across.

A couple of years ago I went to the fair with the family & was wearing shorts & t-shirt. I dropped my J frame in my front pocket & went off to the fair.

Well a deputy sheriff that was their motions me over & asks if I have a permit to carry (I did & showed him). He then tried to get on me threatening brandishment charges because he could see it (all he could see was the very tip of the butt, I had my wife check later (kudos to him for being that observant)). As we were discussing it a buddy of mine (who also happens to be a state trooper) came over & explained to the deputy that KY is OC & asked him what I would have done if I had the pistol strapped to my waist. They went back & forth about concealed means concealed.
    As a concession I walked away with the pistol in my cargo pocket. I am not sure what would of happened if my buddy would not of happened to be there.
    Never argue with an idiot. First they drag you down to their level then they beat you with experience!

I guess I don't think about the "must" as a legal thing. When I CC I make sure that my "friend" can not be seen and I don't what the way I look to scream "she has a gun". So to be CC mean sight unseen.
    When I OC I make sure my "friend" is in sight and I dress causal.
    So OC is everyone can see.
    CC is CC and only other CCs would know where to look.

PRO-LIFE FROM CONCEPTION TO NATURAL DEATH
    TO HIM THEREFORE WHO KNOWETH TO DO GOOD AND DOETH IT NOT, TO HIM IT IS SIN. HOLY BIBLE]

Rereading my post I need to expound a bit... The but of my 649 wasnt sticking out of my pocket. The deputy was looking into my pocket. The shiny backstrap was only visible at exactly the right angle while looking into my pocket.
    I have since bought shorts that have deeper pockets (now if only I did)
    Never argue with an idiot. First they drag you down to their level then they beat you with experience!

7. Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Rereading my post I need to expound a bit... The but of my 649 wasnt sticking out of my pocket. The deputy was looking into my pocket. The shiny backstrap was only visible at exactly the right angle while looking into my pocket.
    I have since bought shorts that have deeper pockets (now if only I did)
    Well, in a case like that where you are carrying "ghetto" in your pocket you'd probably attract attention. Cop would probably be curious if you were concealing illegally. Lot of hoods cram a gun in their waistband or pocket and don't realize there's a part visible. In a situation where it is in a proper holster, it wouldn't be suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony_I_Am View Post
    Well, in a case like that where you are carrying "ghetto" in your pocket you'd probably attract attention. Cop would probably be curious if you were concealing illegally. Lot of hoods cram a gun in their waistband or pocket and don't realize there's a part visible. In a situation where it is in a proper holster, it wouldn't be suspicious.
    Not to mention dangerous. Carrying in a holster is a critical aspect of firearms safety. The holster should encompass the trigger to minimize the possibility of the trigger being unintentionally squeezed.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    Not to mention dangerous. Carrying in a holster is a critical aspect of firearms safety. The holster should encompass the trigger to minimize the possibility of the trigger being unintentionally squeezed.
    gf
    It is possible to carry in a pocket if you take the time to make sure you holster and gun fit properly. Or you can use compression shorts with a built-in and then modify the pocket (for you guys have your wife do it) so that you can reach in, just don't put you wallet in that pocket.

PRO-LIFE FROM CONCEPTION TO NATURAL DEATH
    TO HIM THEREFORE WHO KNOWETH TO DO GOOD AND DOETH IT NOT, TO HIM IT IS SIN. HOLY BIBLE]

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    The answer lies in your state laws. In Indiana, our state law does NOT address concealed, or open carry, so with the license, a gun owner in Indiana may carry either way.

North Carolina Concealed Carry Permit Information scroll down almost to the bottom of the page.
    Agreed. It all comes down to what your state says is legal and what is not. Jay is correct as far as Indiana goes. Crazy gun laws.

Quote Originally Posted by handgonnetoter View Post
    Agreed. It all comes down to what your state says is legal and what is not. Jay is correct as far as Indiana goes. Crazy gun laws.
    Not near as crazy as MA..

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast