Defend yourself from a minor?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Defend yourself from a minor?

Defend yourself from a minor?

Evenin,

A random question popped in my head today. Could someone get in trouble with the law for defending his/herself from a minor? For example, some 16 year old gang member threatens you or your family. What kinds of things could happen to you if you end up using your gun?

Quote Originally Posted by advw View Post
    Evenin,

A random question popped in my head today. Could someone get in trouble with the law for defending his/herself from a minor? For example, some 16 year old gang member threatens you or your family. What kinds of things could happen to you if you end up using your gun?
    It does not matter what the age of the perp is. If the critiea that justiifes deadly force, has been met, the perp could be five years old and it does not matter.
    Threats are words. Words are not enough to justify deadly force. They are only a contrubuting factor.
    Nothing personal, but I wish people would stop calling firearms guns.

handgonnetoter Guest
    I was watching a show that was talking to veterans of WW2 in Europe. They said the Germans they hated to fight the most were the Hitler Youth. They said that they just did not know when to stop or give up. They were unpredictable enemies.

Define "minor". Under 18? Under 16? Some kids today are grown up physically by that age or younger. A physical threat is a threat regardless of age.

Per my training.. this best discribes the answer that comes to my mind... "imminent death or great bodily harm" ... When that criteria is met its going to be a fight for your life kid or adult.

7. All I can say is "yuck". I pray that day never comes.
    Retired US Army Medic
    Proud Husband, Dad and Christian
    www.nationofshooters.com

I echo KN1080, but will add the following comment.

Regardless of age, if the P.O.S. is trying to seriously harm me or a member of my family I will defend myself with force if need be. Ask the guys who served in Vietnam if they believe a child can be a threat... Just 2 pennies...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Exclamation Bravo sierra my fat Alpha!

[quote=wooddoctor;152502]
    Quote Originally Posted by handgonnetoter View Post
    I was watching a show that was talking to veterans of WW2 in Europe. They said the Germans they hated to fight the most were the Hitler Youth. They said that they just did not know when to stop or give up. They were unpredictable enemy

That's a bunch of Bravo Sierra.
    Don't believe it? Watch this movie about it...... for free!

Watch The Hitler Youth Movie Free

I will be looking for your Bravo Sierra retraction to handgonnetoter later in the thread.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by advw View Post
    Evenin,

My first reaction is that you should do whatever you can to avoid this situation, but then I realize that you should ALWAYS do everything possible to avoid a potential deadly force encounter, regardless of whether the assailant is 16, 26, or 106.

[quote=Boomboy007;152667]
    Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post

Don't believe it? Watch this movie about it...... for free!

Watch The Hitler Youth Movie Free

I will be looking for your Bravo Sierra retraction to handgonnetoter later in the thread.
    I don't know if the allies preferred to fight one group of Germans over another. I think they all preferred to go home.
    Here is another look on the Hitler Youth.

Military History Online

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast