Road Rage and Shots Fired - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Road Rage and Shots Fired

There were a couple guys in the Springs a few years back had a similar incident. They were both carrying, ended up shooting it out in the middle of an intersection two blocks from where I lived at the time.

Both DOA.

3. Like others said, this guy will most likely end up with a felony conviction.

When carrying, the LAST thing you ever want to do is have to discharge your weapon. Take EVERY possible avenue to extricate yourself from the situation before resorting to deadly force. I don't care how much an an A-hole someone is, dead is dead, and you don't want to live with questions like, "Did I really have to kill that guy?".

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    There were a couple guys in the Springs a few years back had a similar incident. They were both carrying, ended up shooting it out in the middle of an intersection two blocks from where I lived at the time.

Both DOA.
    without pics it didn't happen
    http://www.change.org/petitions/self...tate-residents
    NRA Life Member, SCOPE,SAF Join up!

Here you go, this one happened just a couple days ago, 10 miles north of the one I mentioned earlier. Not exactly road rage, but very similar type incident. This stuff is going on all the time, just in case you don't believe it Willyboy:

Suspect says shooting at Monument Big O Tires was self defense - KWGN

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    Here you go, this one happened just a couple days ago, 10 miles north of the one I mentioned earlier. Not exactly road rage, but very similar type incident. This stuff is going on all the time, just in case you don't believe it Willyboy:

Suspect says shooting at Monument Big O Tires was self defense - KWGN
    That seems like a totally different case to me, as someone who was actually using self defense is being accused of murder. I hope he gets a good attorney and gets off on that.

Quote Originally Posted by 901-Memphis View Post
    That seems like a totally different case to me,
    Oh no, it's very similar. That kid used a pistol to break up a fight between his dad and a tire salesman. 7 shots point blank, killed the guy. Rage. You got no business with access to firearms If you are going to resort to deadly force when you get angry.

Quote Originally Posted by Rovershack View Post
    Like others said, this guy will most likely end up with a felony conviction.

When carrying, the LAST thing you ever want to do is have to discharge your weapon. Take EVERY possible avenue to extricate yourself from the situation before resorting to deadly force. I don't care how much an an A-hole someone is, dead is dead, and you don't want to live with questions like, "Did I really have to kill that guy?".
    Just wear earplugs. Its not killing someone that bothers you later in life. Its the sounds they make and the stuff they say when they are dying. If you wear earplugs... your fine.

No, no, no, no, no! I have ADHD and am trying to secure an Indiana PPP right now. I Do. Not. Need. Some doorknob pleading "attention deficit" as an excuse for his road raging idiocy!

This Smith character definitely needs to lose his ticket. At least long enough for him to take Remedial Self-Defense Pistol 101 and Handgun Marksmanship 202. Even if the doorknob named Evans was trying to block him from an exit, you're telling me there was no possible way for Smith to get into the right lane? No possible way to get into the off-ramp? Even if Evans was following and ramming him, far better to come to a smashing, crashing stop and then take a more well-aimed shot than to do so at 70 MPH.

I believe as described, it IS an application of the Texas Castle Doctrine, but it was a very, very dumb application.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

Quote Originally Posted by unclehulka View Post
    just wear earplugs. Its not killing someone that bothers you later in life. Its the sounds they make and the stuff they say when they are dying. If you wear earplugs... Your fine.
    excuse me?

Wtf?

He's one of them tough guy killers. Got lots 'o 'sperience shootin' people.

Prolly a mob guy, be my guess.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast