Thread: Road Rage and Shots Fired

JSDinTexas Guest

Road Rage and Shots Fired

Sometimes you should take care of business and sometimes not:
    Road Rage Incident on Mopac Ends in Shots Fired

Quote Originally Posted by jsdinTexas View Post
    Sometimes you should take care of business and sometimes not:
    Road Rage Incident on Mopac Ends in Shots Fired
    I think Mr Smith is going to lose his permit to carry, and probably will end up convicted of a felony. I hope he didn't have a nice 9mm. It is going to belong to the county now. In some places, LEO's are allowed to buy the confiscated firearms.
    Lesson to all. If someone starts to efff with you on the road. You are not allowed to end the game with a firearm. Best thing to do, exit, or call 911 if unable. People tailgating? I just slow down. They usually go around. Someone cut you off? So? Did you have an actual crash? No? Let it go.

As much as I support the castle doctrine, it does not mean you HAVE to shoot at the other person. This shooter had options he failed to take. Hope he gets what he deserves and it has no negative effect on other permit holders.

Just because someone has a permit to carry doesn't mean you should THINK with your weapon, you're best weapon is your BRAIN!
    (my 2 cents)

..."Smith said he feared for his life and decided to end the situation before he got hurt or the car damaged. Smith drew a 9mm handgun, which he is licensed for in Texas, then fired two rounds at the pick up truck driver. Smith said he was trying to use deadly force against the driver, but ended up hitting the driver's two right tires."

This guy defines a Moron! He not only slept through the CHL class, he can't even hit a target the size of a pickup truck.

Then, the other driver admits to antagonizing Smith because he has ADD. I say lock 'em both up.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    'Never argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level, and defeat you with experience!' --Dilbert

How come the other driver wasn't charged? or if he was why wasn't it included in the article?

JSDinTexas Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dvnfly View Post
    How come the other driver wasn't charged? or if he was why wasn't it included in the article?
    Update on local news today says no charges - they got one guy and that satisfies the paperwork for the clowns in Austin.

I did not see a CHL license mentioned in the article in the link, and you do not need a license to carry a pistol in your vehicle in Texas. If he has a CHL, he really didn't learn anything in the class..

JSDinTexas Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by wneubauer View Post
    I did not see a CHL license mentioned in the article in the link, and you do not need a license to carry a pistol in your vehicle in Texas. If he has a CHL, he really didn't learn anything in the class..
    Yes, he did have a CHL, but not for much longer ...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve02C5 View Post
    ..."Smith said he feared for his life and decided to end the situation before he got hurt or the car damaged. Smith drew a 9mm handgun, which he is licensed for in Texas, then fired two rounds at the pick up truck driver. Smith said he was trying to use deadly force against the driver, but ended up hitting the driver's two right tires."

This guy defines a Moron! He not only slept through the CHL class, he can't even hit a target the size of a pickup truck.

Then, the other driver admits to antagonizing Smith because he has ADD. I say lock 'em both up.
    + 1 and in the same cell .
    [

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast