Just applied: NC - Page 6
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Just applied: NC

76 days. well its saturday so i knew they wouldnt be calling me today.

3. greetings from florida

Hello from Florida

Quote Originally Posted by liquidr1 View Post
    Well you did say the person you spoke to said it would probably take 90 days, so why don't you relax, enjoy some football and wait 14 more days? You worry to much...
    MSgt, USAF (ret), Life Member - NRA, Life Member - NAHC,
    Life Member - NCOA, Member - USCCA, Member - NCGR,
    Member - Oathkeepers

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hamberger View Post
    Well you did say the person you spoke to said it would probably take 90 days, so why don't you relax, enjoy some football and wait 14 more days? You worry to much...
    well when i applied the lady told me most people get theres back in about 75 days. I called her 2 weeks ago and she said they are still waiting on my health records and it would be 90 days. BS.

WOW! And I thought VA was slow. 45 days is the max waiting time and they have to issue a CCW. I've been waiting 3 weeks tomorrow and have been passing the time on this site and getting a lot of info,and getting in some target practice.

Quote Originally Posted by marionandjohn View Post
    I am interested in knowing the answer, did you see if your FL non res permit is good in NC as a resident of NC with out a NC carry permit? I know NC accepts FL non res but does it accept it from their own residents I guess would be a way to put it. I know for a fact GA and TN dont (those are the states I really study the law on) I also have heard others talking that most states are that way. I am not trying to be smart or say anything bad about the way you went about it but just want to make sure a veteran does not get screwed on a technicality.
    NC has reciprocity with FL and makes no distinction or reservation with regard to FL Nonresident permits. On the Dept of Justice website, it does indicate, however, that it will not recognize New Hampshire Nonresident permits. Here is the website link:

Concealed Weapons Reciprocity
    Peace through Superior Firepower

well when i applied the lady told me most people get theres back in about 75 days. I called her 2 weeks ago and she said they are still waiting on my health records and it would be 90 days. BS.
    OMG! Health Records!!! Just DAMN!

well, called her back today. She said my permit has been ordered from the state capital and will be in this friday. After that the sherrif will sign it next week and they will call me.

Well guys, the wait for my permit is drawing down finally. Next friday will be 89 days. NC law requires the permit to be issued within 90 days of application.

So that means i will have my permit sometime next week. Thank god. This has been one of the most painful waiting periods ever.

well, its the final week of waiting. this friday will be 89 days. If they dont call me by friday ill be making a trip over to the sherrifs office to remind them of the 90 law here in NC.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast