Just applied: NC - Page 8
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Just applied: NC

1st time

Quote Originally Posted by liquidr1 View Post
    well i carried for the first time today. It feels great to have my sidearm on me finally.
    i carried mine for the first time also. it felt kind of strange for the first hour or so. went to a gun show and was asked at the door,"are you carring a weapon?" err yes.. it's ok,right? just had to clear it and have it secured with a zip tie. Congrats on getting your CC permit, i know you've been waiting for a while to get it.

Hey Guys. I took my concealed class saturday and i just applied for my NC concealed permit this morning. Now the wait begins. How did you guys pass the time. I hate waits.

Its not so much the wait for the permit thats going to drive me crazy, but im dying to buy the new Ruger LCR .38 special. And now that iv got my concealed on the way i just dont want to go through the hassle of getting a single gun permit in the time being just to buy one gun.

Research The laws, where you can carry and can't.

87 days. still no permit. Starting to get a little irritated.
    Going down the exact same path. The wait is painful, but no way around it. 59 into it so far

5. Took me 49 days in orange county

Quote Originally Posted by Bob-O View Post
    i carried mine for the first time also. it felt kind of strange for the first hour or so. went to a gun show and was asked at the door,"are you carring a weapon?" err yes.. it's ok,right? just had to clear it and have it secured with a zip tie. Congrats on getting your CC permit, i know you've been waiting for a while to get it.

Zip tied your gun?!!!

NOT!!!
    Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

Well 82 days and counting. I did email them around the 2nd week of November and got a reply that they were still waiting on replies from whatever hospitals they send inquiries to. Worse case is I still have 8 more days.

I have spent the time waiting, going to the range, researching and buying my carry holster and belt(s) and also buying clothes that will help me to conceal and be comfortable while doing so. Everything but the permit but soon enough I guess.

Took Florida 7 days from them getting the paperwork to them printing it. And then it sat there for another week. I wonder which agency had a flag on me if islander can get his in less time during the same timeframe ( August ) and he is out of state?

Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    Simple; I don't "Big Grin" at the thought of somebody getting "life in prison" for carrying concealed without a license, theft of government property, and some other felonies.

No offense, but that is what you posted in another thread. Unless those felonies were rape or other violent crimes, why would you want the guy to get life in prison? Why would you take a personal interest in some guy in jail? Not trying to start a fight, just curious why you posted that.
    You may or may not find a detailed PM in your mailbox that I tried to send. Short story, pulled the same Fed Agent story on me and caused me personal financial loss. And headaches at work.

And the felonies involve over $1 million in the state's ( taxpayers ) case.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    You may or may not find a detailed PM in your mailbox that I tried to send. Short story, pulled the same Fed Agent story on me and caused me personal financial loss. And headaches at work.

And the felonies involve over $1 million in the state's ( taxpayers ) case.
    Got your PM. I can see why you are mad at this guy, and he deserves what is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by misery View Post
    Well 82 days and counting. I did email them around the 2nd week of November and got a reply that they were still waiting on replies from whatever hospitals they send inquiries to. Worse case is I still have 8 more days.

I have spent the time waiting, going to the range, researching and buying my carry holster and belt(s) and also buying clothes that will help me to conceal and be comfortable while doing so. Everything but the permit but soon enough I guess.
    Finally the wait is over on the 84th day. Picked up my permit!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast