Just applied: NC - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Just applied: NC

Quote Originally Posted by misery View Post
    Finally the wait is over on the 84th day. Picked up my permit!

Finally the wait is over on the 84th day. Picked up my permit!
    Congrats!
    Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

Quote Originally Posted by Edsworld View Post
    Congrats!
    Thanks. Well went out and did some shopping with the wife. Felt a little strange at first being out in the public with it.

Strange thing happened while we were out. I realized that even with a ccp that here in NC, we are still very limited to where you can carry. I guess the one that bothers me the most is the restaurants that serve alcohol rule.

Thanks. Well went out and did some shopping with the wife. Felt a little strange at first being out in the public with it.

Strange thing happened while we were out. I realized that even with a ccp that here in NC, we are still very limited to where you can carry. I guess the one that bothers me the most is the restaurants that serve alcohol rule.
    In New Mexico, We just got rid of that.

Just keep in mind, that "bg" setting at the table next to you has a gun and no permit.
    Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

conceal it right and no one has a a clue you have it no matter where you are. I have a jacket with a deep inside chest pocket and my gun fits perfect. If i go somewhere where carry is prohibitied i just move the gun from my crossbreed supertuck up to my jacket pocket. Well that is in the winter anyway. No one will ever have a clue.

Post Waiting in Union Co

Hey, in the same boat here. I have taken the CC class two weeks ago and had to make an appointment with the Union county Sheriff's dept for the 22nd of December....wait, make an appointment? Are they THAT far behind and have THAT many applicants? The officer stated this was the last appt he had available this year!?! Whats up with that? I am NOT getting the warm and fuzzies about getting this permit anytime soon! Anyone else dealt with Union county?

There are some counties where the Sheriff is not in favor of issuing CC permits. They of course must issue them in accordance with the state laws, but they make the process as lengthy and difficult as possible. Don't know if that's the case in Union county, but its one possible explanation.

We just elected a new sheriff in Wilson co, so it will be interesting what policies he puts in place regarding CC applications and permits.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789