CCW Permit Badge and Holder R They Legal? - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 57

Thread: CCW Permit Badge and Holder R They Legal?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Houston Metro Area, Texas
    Posts
    3,004
    Only reason I could see for badge/holder is if you are holding someone at gunpoint, holding badge under gun my prevent you from being shot by LOA if he sees badge. You can explain this to him later. Don't need badge to carry concealed, and if you are allowed to carry openly, you would not need the badge.

  2.   
  3. Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    Only reason I could see for badge/holder is if you are holding someone at gunpoint, holding badge under gun my prevent you from being shot by LOA if he sees badge.
    How would a plastic badge bought at Jimmy's Joke Shop keep someone from getting shot by a LEO? Real police don't have their badges in their hands when they are using their guns, so a LEO seeing that would either think the person holding their toy badge would be fake right from the get go, incredibly stupid, or both.

    I smell a troll, BTW, packdaddy has not come back to haunt us, yet.

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The High Country
    Posts
    1,029
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    I smell a troll, ....
    Well the first post was yesterday with claims to multiple state's CCW permits and lots of related research, so the choices are like you said A) Pure troll, or B) Armed and dangerous (to themselves and others) civilian.

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,429
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    How would a plastic badge bought at Jimmy's Joke Shop keep someone from getting shot by a LEO? Real police don't have their badges in their hands when they are using their guns, so a LEO seeing that would either think the person holding their toy badge would be fake right from the get go, incredibly stupid, or both.

    I smell a troll, BTW, packdaddy has not come back to haunt us, yet.
    I agree with what LT says except for the "troll" comment.

    The word "troll" is used on USA CARRY way to often for no good reason.
    I think we should allow nightmare a few more postings to determine if he/she is indeed a troll.
    IMO, the word "troll" when used inappropriately is an insult, and should be treated as such.

    IMO, don't waste your money on a stupid badge. Besides, odds are you will never be involved in a shooting, or holding someone at gunpoint. If it does happen, do what the responding officers tell you to do. They run into armed people often, and they don't shoot all of them.

    Remember, it is a permit to carry. Not a junior FBI agents permit.

  6. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The High Country
    Posts
    1,029
    Sorry, I thought packdaddy was the troll suspect....

  7. Many very enthusiastic people ask questions. Some of these questions may seem foolish. There are no stupid questions, only uneducated people.

    As to trolls, they are harmless if you ignore them... on the "underhand;" fishermen who practice catch and release are far more entertaining... and the good ones are worth the fun they afford. But beware the fisherman... He is not to be trifled with..

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,429
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Many very enthusiastic people ask questions. Some of these questions may seem foolish. There are no stupid questions, only uneducated people.

    As to trolls, they are harmless if you ignore them... on the "underhand;" fishermen who practice catch and release are far more entertaining... and the good ones are worth the fun they afford. But beware the fisherman... He is not to be trifled with..
    Oak,
    I agree with your comment regarding questions.

    The "troll" topic has some history here. On USA CARRY, the word "troll" has multiple meanings.

  9. #18
    JSDinTexas Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Packdaddy View Post
    Can anyone enlighten me on what the rules are for CCW holders using a CCW Permit Holder and Badge in their states? I'm in Las Vegas and don't won't to run afowl of METRO PD here if they won't pass the 'smell' test.
    In Texas - impersonating a law enforcement officer is the usual charge.

    We don need no stikin badges!

  10. #19
    JSDinTexas Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    Only reason I could see for badge/holder is if you are holding someone at gunpoint, holding badge under gun my prevent you from being shot by LOA if he sees badge. You can explain this to him later. Don't need badge to carry concealed, and if you are allowed to carry openly, you would not need the badge.
    No no - don't care what they are holding up - the scene is secured by a process not by appearance initially.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    Sorry, I thought packdaddy was the troll suspect....
    and you would be correct.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast