CCW Permit Badge and Holder R They Legal? - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CCW Permit Badge and Holder R They Legal?

1. Thank You

I was only asking a question. I got a lot of mean responses. I am not a troll, or anything close to that....only someone who asked a question of what I hoped would be knowlegeable and/or helpful members. Don't worry, I won't ask any more questions of you guys......Thanks to those members who responded with helpful answers...

3. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    It seems CCW badges just keep popping up. To see what many think see the following:

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/conce...cwp-badge.html

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/gener...ry-badges.html
    Thanks for the link.

I was only giving a possible reason for the badge, had you bothered to read the entire post you would have noted that you do not need a badge for concealed carry or open carry. Have been carrying since Texas allowed concealed carry, do not desire or have a badge as you are issued a license to carry which is all you need.

PS: Packdaddy don't let the bad guys win. No dumb questions only dumb answers.
    Last edited by Nightmare45; 08-12-2010 at 08:17 AM. Reason: edit

5. I personally apologize to you, packdaddy. It sounds as if you have fallen victim to someone trying to sell you something, that as you can see, almost all of the gun carrying community feels is an incredibly bad idea. I hope you accept my apology and stick around.

Quote Originally Posted by Packdaddy View Post
    I was only asking a question. I got a lot of mean responses. I am not a troll, or anything close to that....only someone who asked a question of what I hoped would be knowlegeable and/or helpful members. Don't worry, I won't ask any more questions of you guys......Thanks to those members who responded with helpful answers...
    PACKDADDY, please stick around.

We have had a rough couple of weeks here at the website. Message me, and I will explain.

We have also had a couple of actual internet trolls. Unfortunately, there is an element here who calls anyone who disagrees with their viewpoint a troll. Fortunately, things are better here now.

We welcome any, and all posts. Good and bad. The "dumb question" is the one you don't ask.

Keep your conduct within site rules, and almost any topic is allowed. IMO, this is the best firearms site on the internet.

Some of us are firearms experts. Just ask us. Some are experts on everything, just ask them.

Me, I know nothing.

Welcome to the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Packdaddy View Post
    Can anyone enlighten me on what the rules are for CCW holders using a CCW Permit Holder and Badge in their states? I'm in Las Vegas and don't won't to run afowl of METRO PD here if they won't pass the 'smell' test.
    Here is a start...

Gun Owners of Nevada - CCW Page:
    GONV | Gun Owners of Nevada - CCW

Gun Owners Of Nevada - Nevada Firearms Laws Page:
    GONV | Gun Owners of Nevada - Laws

Las Vegas Metro Police Department - Concealed Firearms Permit Page
    Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department

Silver State Shooting Sports Association:
    Silver State Shooting Sports Association

Stillwater Firearms Association:
    Stillwater Firearms Association!

44 Anti-Second Amendment Reasons & Counting Why Harry Reid Must Be Defeated:

Is Harry Reid pro-gun or anti-gun?

Keep The Heat On Anti-Second Amendment Dirty Harry Reid:
    Keep The Heat On Reid!

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Badges are good for one thing, trying to impress drunk girls at a bar. Or so I have been told.
    The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppose. - Frederick Douglass

9. Packdaddy, forgive my walking on the hands bit.... if that offended you... I really meant it as humor not directed at you... I have sent emails to every forum that I visit if I see an ad for badges...

Many (forum owners) have told me that they trust their membership to make the right decision for themselves... I just feel that there are too many CCW holders that think the CCW permit is a license to cruise for trouble...

CCW is a mindset... and if you ever really need your weapon... you won't have time to flash the badge anyway...

[I would have to agree, even cops from other small towns that flash their regular badges will usally be laughed at and treated poorly. It is the closest thing to name dropping as you can get.

This guy has a badge. I wonder if it gets him any chicks????

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast