CCW Permit Badge and Holder R They Legal? - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: CCW Permit Badge and Holder R They Legal?

. I, personally, simply keep all my permits (MA, NH, & CT) in my wallet in my wallet behind my driverís license, so if they are ever needed; all my forms of ID are easy to get at with a minimum of fuss. I donít see a need for a separate badge. The license is issued by the state, but the CCW badge, unlike a true police badge, would be available with little to no restrictions...thus rendering them more or less meaningless. Even if a LEO were to flash a badge in another town, I would expect that the responding officers would still treat the person the same as an ordinary citizen, unless they were in uniform at the time. They would certainly ask for police ID. If they didnít then they arenít doing their job correctly IMO. In my personal opinion, a CCW badge wouldnít be much different than having a "licensed driver" badge. Iím still going to be asked for my license if I get stopped. Becides, having a badge, and desplaying it just strikes me as inviting a charge of "impersonlting and officer" if your the LEAST bit uncooperative with the responding LEO's, or even if not. seems more of a liability than anything. just my $.02

Question CCW Permit Badge and Holder R They Legal?

Not in North Carolina, it is "impersonating a Law Enforcement Officer" and depending upon the situation you could lose your CCW and be proscecuted... It's a shame that people still think they need one of the damned things!
    MSgt, USAF (ret), Life Member - NRA, Life Member - NAHC,
    Life Member - NCOA, Member - USCCA, Member - NCGR,
    Member - Oathkeepers

JSDinTexas Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hamberger View Post
    Not in North Carolina, it is "impersonating a Law Enforcement Officer" and depending upon the situation you could lose your CCW and be proscecuted... It's a shame that people still think they need one of the damned things!
    +1 like I said before, "We don need no stinken badges!"

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    This guy has a badge. I wonder if it gets him any chicks????

gf
    It got him Courtney Cox right?

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

I think the important thing here is that the only stupid question is one that is not asked...

We have all seen the CCW Badge Advertisements every month in the NRA Magazine's and other weapons related publications...

Nobody is born knowing anything...

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

7. Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    You're right, of course, but "NO CCW badge" should be taught at every CCW class, handgun safety course, and should be in the owner's manual for every handgun sold.

And no self respecting gun site should accept advertising from any retailer that carries them...

JSDinTexas Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    I think the important thing here is that the only stupid question is one that is not asked...

We have all seen the CCW Badge Advertisements every month in the NRA Magazine's and other weapons related publications...

Yeah, and it really bugs me that NRA would do that - I consider it less than responsible on their part since they obviously know the badges could be very dangerous for a citizen. Money, Money, Money

Quote Originally Posted by ARV View Post
    . I, personally, simply keep all my permits (MA, NH, & CT) in my wallet in my wallet behind my driver’s license, so if they are ever needed; all my forms of ID are easy to get at with a minimum of fuss. I don’t see a need for a separate badge. The license is issued by the state, but the CCW badge, unlike a true police badge, would be available with little to no restrictions...thus rendering them more or less meaningless. Even if a LEO were to flash a badge in another town, I would expect that the responding officers would still treat the person the same as an ordinary citizen, unless they were in uniform at the time. They would certainly ask for police ID. If they didn’t then they aren’t doing their job correctly IMO. In my personal opinion, a CCW badge wouldn’t be much different than having a "licensed driver" badge. I’m still going to be asked for my license if I get stopped. Becides, having a badge, and desplaying it just strikes me as inviting a charge of "impersonlting and officer" if your the LEAST bit uncooperative with the responding LEO's, or even if not. seems more of a liability than anything. just my $.02
    Gotta agree with the above. The badge idea as novel and noble as it may seem, can be misinterpreted and may lead to unneeded trouble. The question is still valid however. No hostility toward ARV as he articulated his response with opinion in a manner not imparting perceptible hostility... Just felt the need to point out this thread was a question regarding rules and laws. Just using this reply to post my 2 pennies... With permission assumed from ARV I'll continue...

I recall the OP was asking for information about the legality of the use of aforementioned CCW badges. Many opinions were offered and some could be considered hostile or mocking...

Users come to this site looking for advice not mockery. The question not asked is the dumb one. Perhaps the one that gets someone injured or killed.

I was visiting my local dealer a few weeks ago and was assisting the owners wife with a customer while she was multitasking almost to the point of overload. I'm a regular there and often assist and close a sale or 2 during a visit. The customer had lots of questions. Some made me question if he had paid any attention during the mandatory NRA class MA residents must take. Both the owners wife and I had the same reaction.
    Rather than make him feel like he was an idiot we made mention of the web sites available to check the rules and gave him the schedule for upcoming NRA classes. He became a repeat customer.

The point; If we try buy our responses, to make new members feel ignorant, they will feel the need to go
    elsewhere. Impart wisdom, no need to admonish... Infighting makes us (responsible firearms owners) look weak and unorganized to the outside, and they are watching...And that is my 2 pennies.

And to reinforce Bohemian's point, I'll add this nugget I got from an old woman on a plane trip, "Ain't no child born to woman, born knowin, Were all born learnin".

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

JSDinTexas Guest
    [QUOTE=6shootercarry;154610]Gotta agree with the above. The badge idea as novel and noble as it may seem, can be misinterpreted and may lead to unneeded trouble. The question is still valid however. No hostility toward ARV as he articulated his response with opinion in a manner not imparting perceptible hostility... Just felt the need to point out this thread was a question regarding rules and laws. Just using this reply to post my 2 pennies... With permission assumed from ARV I'll continue...

I recall the OP was asking for information about the legality of the use of aforementioned CCW badges. Many opinions were offered and some could be considered hostile or mocking...

Users come to this site looking for advice not mockery. The question not asked is the dumb one. Perhaps the one that gets someone injured or killed.
    Rather than make him feel like he was an idiot we made mention of the web sites available to check the rules and gave him the schedule for upcoming NRA classes. He became a repeat customer.
    The point; If we try buy our responses, to make new members feel ignorant, they will feel the need to go
    elsewhere. Impart wisdom, no need to admonish... Infighting makes us (responsible firearms owners) look weak and unorganized to the outside, and they are watching...And that is my 2 pennies.

Your approach with the customer was correct. And I +1 your statement that we need to be accurate, serious, and empathetic to questions and concerns posted, not necessarily scarcastic or condesending. And I may be guilty of being flippant in my response here - I considered the question less sincere than maybe I should have. Sorry Folks!

11. Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    They are a great way to be laughed at, and handcuffed by your local LEO.
    Source?

I wear a CCW badge around my neck hidden under my shirt. If I'm ever defending myself in an active shooter situation, I certainly want a way for a responding cop (or another legal CCW holder) to make a split second decision in the right direction concerning my life. The only way a police officer is going to see that badge is if the crap has already hit the fan and I've pulled it out into the open. I'd like him to know we're on the same side.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast