CCW Permit Badge and Holder R They Legal? - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: CCW Permit Badge and Holder R They Legal?

Quote Originally Posted by .45StayAlive View Post
    Source?

I wear a CCW badge around my neck. If I'm ever defending myself in an active shooter situation, I certainly want a way for a cop to make a split second decision in the right direction concerning my life. The only way a police officer is going to see that badge is if the crap has already hit the fan. I'd like him to know we're on the same side.
    Welcome to this forum.

What makes you think that a LEO gives a damn about your CCW badge? Have you ever talked to a LEO about that? I highly recommend to go to your local PD and ask someone there about your CCW badge. Be prepared to get laughed at. Anyone recommending or carrying permit badges clearly has no clue and may be delusional.

Source?

I wear a CCW badge around my neck hidden under my shirt. If I'm ever defending myself in an active shooter situation, I certainly want a way for a responding cop (or another legal CCW holder) to make a split second decision in the right direction concerning my life. The only way a police officer is going to see that badge is if the crap has already hit the fan and I've pulled it out into the open. I'd like him to know we're on the same side.
    Put your gun on the ground and your hands in the air is how you don't get shot. Immediately follow every instruction the cop gives you, and if that is to prone out on the ground, do it without debate or hesitation. If the cop wants to cuff you, do not resist, do not argue. It is much easier to sort it out later if you haven't been shot by a cop that doesn't know who the good guys and the bad guys are.

The ONLY thing that badge might do for, assuming it is made out of heavy enough metal is stop a bullet.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

4. Quote Originally Posted by .45StayAlive View Post
    Source?

I wear a CCW badge around my neck hidden under my shirt. If I'm ever defending myself in an active shooter situation, I certainly want a way for a responding cop (or another legal CCW holder) to make a split second decision in the right direction concerning my life. The only way a police officer is going to see that badge is if the crap has already hit the fan and I've pulled it out into the open. I'd like him to know we're on the same side.
    I know you've got to be just messin' with us....but I've got to ask anyway....what's to keep a criminal from just going down to the local costume store and buying a plastic badge? I would say you would be better off having your identification and CCW permit in plain view than some plastic toy badge.

Or just get you one of these 100% authentic....
    DSM Safety Products, for Law Enforcement, Concealed Carry Licenses and Security Personnel.

might as well get a fake gun to go with the fake badge.....
    http://pcdcarry.com/
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

5. To be harsh, but honest, a CC badge is only possessed, and worn, by those with delusions of grandeur, and a warped need to publicize their inherently private status to be capable of protection to self, and family.

They are the butt of jokes about cop wannabes, and could lead to big problems from impersonation to blatant stupidity.

As mentioned thousands of times before; bad idea.

What part of "stupid" do people not understand?
    I'm a firm believer in two term limits for all politicians; one in office, the other in prison.

6. Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    I know you've got to be just messin' with us....but I've got to ask anyway....what's to keep a criminal from just going down to the local costume store and buying a plastic badge? I would say you would be better off having your identification and CCW permit in plain view than some plastic toy badge.

Or just get you one of these 100% authentic....
    DSM Safety Products, for Law Enforcement, Concealed Carry Licenses and Security Personnel.

http://dsmsafety.com/fourth-show.swf
    Navy, did they drop the bikini requirement from those products? And to think this NUMBNUTZ is using a handicapped parking space to show-off his Miss Universe sash? Priceless!

They did leave-out a necessary feature; the left-handed sash wearer must rotate in the counter clockwise direction. An unfortunate oversight...
    I'm a firm believer in two term limits for all politicians; one in office, the other in prison.

7. Quote Originally Posted by r1derbike View Post
    Navy, did they drop the bikini requirement from those products? And to think this NUMBNUTZ is using a handicapped parking space to show-off his Miss Universe sash? Priceless!
    I didn't even notice that. I could just see my daughter who has a handicapped parking tag running his butt over to park in the spot :-)

I also notice from their website linked in my post:
    The DSM Safety Banner is the most effective, caveman simple way to identify yourself to responding law enforcement officers after a critical situation.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

8. Well...I rounded-up a spare (I hope it's spare) roll of toilet paper and some magic markers. I'll see how many I may knock-out before 2:00 A.M.

Figured the 32 buck price tag might be improved on a bit.

9. Sure, they're legal to posses. I sure as hell wouldn't display it to anyone. Aside from looking like a tool, doing so (especially if you have a weapon drawn) is probably a pretty good way to end up in handcuffs and and having your permit revoked.

CCW means concealed, announcing you are CC is foolish. Gun on ground or holster hands in air let officers sort it out.

Source?

Comes in and on his very first post digs up a5 YEAR old thread and starts a fight.

Gotta wonder
    In an emergency individuals do not rise to the occasion, they fall to the level of their MASTERED training
    Barrett Tillman

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast