CCW Permit Badge and Holder R They Legal? - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: CCW Permit Badge and Holder R They Legal?

1. Quote Originally Posted by Eidolon View Post
    Comes in and on his very first post digs up a5 YEAR old thread and starts a fight.

Gotta wonder
    Nobody in this thread has been fighting since his only post This is one (and possibly the only) topic 99% of us can actually agree on!
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Nobody in this thread has been fighting since his only post This is one (and possibly the only) topic 99% of us can actually agree on!
    His post was (IMO) an attempt to start a fight
    In an emergency individuals do not rise to the occasion, they fall to the level of their MASTERED training
    Barrett Tillman

Quote Originally Posted by Eidolon View Post
    Comes in and on his very first post digs up a5 YEAR old thread and starts a fight.

Gotta wonder
    Well what do you expect from some one that actually has and carries a CCW badge?
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

5. Quote Originally Posted by Eidolon View Post
    Comes in and on his very first post digs up a 5 YEAR old thread and starts a fight.

Gotta wonder

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Eidolon View Post
    His post was (IMO) an attempt to start a fight
    Ahhh....but in your original post you alleged that he "started a fight". I can certainly agree that great possibility exists that he attempted to start a fight, I would counter that he failed in his attempt as no fight was actually started.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

You DON'T want a badge, because many LEOs (law enforcement officers) consider these badges to be "impersonating an officer", so why have one? 'Cause it's sparkly? What would you do with such a badge? If you display it to anyone you would be impersonating a LEO and that would get you fined, and/or arrested! We have discussed this time and time again on other CCW boards. Guntoters.com and USCCA for example. Sure, carry your permit, maybe a hang it around your neck in a card holder, IF you have to use your firearm, but IF you use your firearm, have the firearm on the ground when the LEOs arrive or you could also be shot! In addition if you try to display a badge, the cops may just as likely shoot you as well. Ever think that the BGs wouldn't have a badge as well? Nope, carrying a badge, if you're not a LEO is a bad idea.
    Michael
    USCG (Ret.)
    Distinguished NRA Life Member

This thread comes up about once a year and the general consensus is, it is a bad idea to tell everybody that you are carrying. kind of like an under cover spy wearing a tee shirt that says "I am and under cover spy" If you want everybody to know carry open.

8. Fight? Only the fight to see who gets to the finish line first with the best rebuttal!
    I'm a firm believer in two term limits for all politicians; one in office, the other in prison.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456