CCW Permit Badge and Holder R They Legal? - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: CCW Permit Badge and Holder R They Legal?

1. Quote Originally Posted by Eidolon View Post
    Comes in and on his very first post digs up a5 YEAR old thread and starts a fight.

Gotta wonder
    Didn't mean to start a fight. Just meant to lend my opinion. I thought that's what the purpose of a forum is. And I didn't "dig up" this thread - didn't even realize it was old. I was doing a search on something and this thread popped up on Google.

3. Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    This thread comes up about once a year and the general consensus is, it is a bad idea to tell everybody that you are carrying. kind of like an under cover spy wearing a tee shirt that says "I am and under cover spy" If you want everybody to know carry open.
    You (and perhaps the others) clearly misunderstood what I wrote in my first post. I do NOT walk around with an exposed CCW badge around my neck. It is hidden under my shirt - concealed just like my gun(s). I would only pull it out if I found myself in an active shooter situation where I was forced to draw my gun. Even in a situation where I was mugged and had to use my gun, I would NOT pull that badge out. Only in an active shooter situation.

This will be my last post in this topic area (so those that wish to can feel free to continue insulting me). I am sorry for my late response to those earlier attacks and insults (I'm not referring to SR9's or several other's calm, rational and polite replies - those are appreciated). I just haven't been back to this forum since (and if some of the responses to what I originally wrote are indicative of the typical attitude here, I doubt I'll continue coming back - life's too short to wade in mud for no reason).

Quote Originally Posted by .45StayAlive View Post
    Didn't mean to start a fight. Just meant to lend my opinion. I thought that's what the purpose of a forum is. And I didn't "dig up" this thread - didn't even realize it was old. I was doing a search on something and this thread popped up on Google.
    Aaaaaaaannnnnnndddddddd he comes back three years later and does it again
    In an emergency individuals do not rise to the occasion, they fall to the level of their MASTERED training
    Barrett Tillman

Quote Originally Posted by .45StayAlive View Post
    You (and perhaps the others) clearly misunderstood what I wrote in my first post. I do NOT walk around with an exposed CCW badge around my neck. It is hidden under my shirt - concealed just like my gun(s). I would only pull it out if I found myself in an active shooter situation where I was forced to draw my gun. Even in a situation where I was mugged and had to use my gun, I would NOT pull that badge out. Only in an active shooter situation.

This will be my last post in this topic area (so those that wish to can feel free to continue insulting me). I am sorry for my late response to those earlier attacks and insults (I'm not referring to SR9's or several other's calm, rational and polite replies - those are appreciated). I just haven't been back to this forum since (and if some of the responses to what I originally wrote are indicative of the typical attitude here, I doubt I'll continue coming back - life's too short to wade in mud for no reason).
    The law is very specific in my state. I must advise I am armed during official interaction with a LEO. If asked I must present my CHP and photo ID when asked by the LEO. They are not going to accept a tin badge in lieu of an actual carry permit.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Whether they're legal or not, what's the point of concealing at all if you're displaying a badge that tells the world you're concealing? Dumb.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567