How do you load up?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you load up?

1. How do you load up?

This is a question for people who live in a state like New Jerkistan like me and have a non resident CCW. How do you load up when you reach a CCW state? Because New Jersey we have to keep gun and ammo separate like trunk and back seat one in each. I can't even have my clip loaded so, I have to load the clip, rack one in the chamber, then holster which means getting out of the car to do so. What I currently do is stop at friendís house to do so. It's a pain in the a$$ most of the times and there are times I don't even stop I wait to I get to my destination due to time constraints. I would like to know if there is a better way and hear what other people do. All recommendations welcome even from people who don't go through the same problem. Thanks

You can drive with your holster and mag pouches on and then when you cross the border, just go in your trunk, get back in the car and load up. Oh by the way, it's called a "magazine", clips are different.

4. Might want to park in a somewhat secluded area, not a busy McDonalds. If you can reholster at the trunk without being observed go for it, if not then bring the pistol into the car in a discrete manner, maybe in a McDonalds bag or a pistol case that doesn't look like a pistol case, then load and holster. Reverse the process before entering a non-friendly state.
    If you change anything, you've changed everything...

Don't go to New Jersey...ever

Steve

+1 on the speed loader. I have one and LOVE IT. Also +1 on not going to NJ or a non friendly state. but I would say just put your pistol in the trunk in a small case inside a brown paper bag. Stop at the first not too busy place, retrieve bag and sit in the car and load the mag, slap in, rack, holster or put where you drive with it at. I personally retrieve pistol from nightstand rack and holster. but then I am in a gun friendly southern state.
    "The purpose of war is not to die for your country. The purpose of war is to ensure that the other guy dies for his country." - General Patton

7. i normally holster and mag pouch up before i leave home. firearm in trunk with ammo and magazines up front with me. and as soon as i cross the state line i bring the piece up front with me... load up.... then proceed to flip the bird and let the state line eat my dust.

8. Quote Originally Posted by .45acp View Post
    Don't go to New Jersey...ever

Steve
    I am with you but, unfortunately I live here. I want to leave but right now I am 15 years from retirement God willing that is.

Quote Originally Posted by njsportsman View Post
    This is a question for people who live in a state like New Jerkistan like me and have a non resident CCW. How do you load up when you reach a CCW state? Because New Jersey we have to keep gun and ammo separate like trunk and back seat one in each. I can't even have my clip loaded so, I have to load the clip, rack one in the chamber, then holster which means getting out of the car to do so. What I currently do is stop at friendís house to do so. It's a pain in the a$$ most of the times and there are times I don't even stop I wait to I get to my destination due to time constraints. I would like to know if there is a better way and hear what other people do. All recommendations welcome even from people who don't go through the same problem. Thanks

I'm trying to keep track of these things....what part of the NJ statute requires separation of gun and ammo?

WoW !! gota get one of those .
    [

11. re: How Do You Load Up?

I heard that in New Jersey, you could not have hollow point ammo. Not even the People's Republic of Massachusetts is THAT screwed up.
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast