Range ammo advice - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Range ammo advice

+1 or x2 on the recomendation to avoid aluminum cased ammo. Aluminum is good for soda cans and cookware, but a bad idea for ammo, IMHO. Also, SAVE YOUR BRASS! The 45ACP caliber is one of the most reloadable firearms calibers there is. It's a low presure round, alot of guns out their shoot it, and alot of reloaders have developed alot of reloading data over the years. I don't know if you reload or plan on reloading, but I am sure that if you shoot enough, you know some one who does. That person would be happy to have your once fired brass, recycling at its finest.

3. I have never shot the winchester white box ammo but I have heard it can make your gun pretty dirty, but again I have never shot it. For range ammo I shoot Federal from Wal-Mart. It is a little cheaper (cheapest ammo I have found actually), does not make my gun really dirty, and have never had a miss fire or any problems with my guns not eating it with no issues. Great ammo. PMC is the worst I have shot though, no missfires but it was SUPER dirty and I did have a few issues with even my Glock taking it. A few FTE issues.

Which model of Glock? I have shot PMC FMJ and Starfire JHP through my G22 with no problems.

i dont shoot a .45, but i use winchester white box or american eagle (federal) both are great and are not very dirty at all. i used the american eagle to get my chl and cleaned the gun afterwards and it wasnt even dirty. took 2 patches to clean.

6. Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Which model of Glock? I have shot PMC FMJ and Starfire JHP through my G22 with no problems.
    Glock 26. There were probably 3-4 FTE issues with the PMC ammo in it. That was the ONLY time that gun has had any issues at all. The gun was also SUPER dirty after 150 rounds. I also shot some out of my SIG P238 and it was SUPER dirty as well. I am sure many shoot PMC with no problems but I have and don't like it. Just an opinion though.

I used to buy the Winchester White Box range ammo at WalMart. But as was mentioned above, this ammo is fairly dirty in my 1911. I've since changed to the Remington UMC 250-round boxes at WalMart. Much cleaner and they run just fine.

8. +1 for the Federal 230 grain. I've never had any problem with them. My Taurus loves them.

9. Ammo

If anyone needs ammo for the range, hunting or sharp shooting target. Go to Master all ammo is guarenteed. Very professional company and has inexspensive ammo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12