I don't get it - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: I don't get it

Ted Nugent for President. After Obama is finished in 2012, Nugent for Prez. Naw, he won't run he is too smart to put up with all the b.s. and hypocrisy, besides he is too busy hunting and shooting on his own land!

Honestly I advocate concealed carry, But I really do not go to any extrordinary pains, if i bend over, or my shirt sticks, so what, OC is leagle here, whats kind of cool is, with your weapon is seen, or it is printing, people tend to leave you alone

Quote Originally Posted by mullet View Post
    Ted Nugent charged with 11 deer hunting violations in California
    "To my Fellow Outdoorsmen.... You may have read the news that I pled no contest to two misdemeanor game violations in CA. I should have been better informed, more aware and I take full responsibility. Our honorable hunting lifestyle is my deepest passion." Ted Nugent

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    The Second Amendment IS my Concealed (and Open) Carry Permit" - Ted Nugent
    The Second Amendment does not state "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" Except...
    IF your zip code is x...
    OR your standing at y...
    OR the type/class of weapon you have or desire to have/carry is z...
    OR if said weapon is carried openly or concealed...
    OR if you have passed whatever draconian licensing & or registration scheme the federal, state or other municipality government deems appropriate...
    The First Fundamental Principle of Constitutional Interpretation: Your Rights Don't Come From Government
    Oath Keepers: CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC 101: YOUR RIGHTS DON’T COME FROM GOVERNMENT
    The Unabridged Second Amendment:
    The Unabridged Second Amendment
    Nicely posited, Bohemian!

Quote Originally Posted by handgonnetoter View Post
    You made the statement saying that it seemed to work when you were on duty. You are or were obviously a policeman. Are you also saying that it did not, or would not, bother you if while on duty you responded to a call that a person carrying a handgun openly was walking around the local grocery store? Just curious.
    I was an officer for three years. In the state where I worked, open carry was legal. I saw people open carry all the time, and to be truthful, it did not bother me at all. However, I did have colleagues who resented the fact that "civilians" (they mistakenly believed that they were not) should not be allowed to carry weapons at all.

While I believed that I derived my authority from the badge on my chest, and chose to exercise that authority with great care, there are many who rather believe that their authority is derived from the tools of coercion on their belt (pistol, tazer, cuffs).

Trust me: Bad guys DO NOT wear their guns openly. Also, 99.9% of bad guys DO NOT have permits.

We never got a MWG (man with gun) call that did not also have some concurrent criminal activity involved. I am sure that, were we to receive a MWG call with no other information, the dispatcher would have notified the reporter that open carry of a firearm was not illegal.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

It is always interesting when the CC’ers get on their high horse (or hobby horses) and start to berate OC’ers with their “wisdom” of OC’ing. Of course the first thing that comes out is “My CCW instructor said no one should open carry” well of course he did, they make MONEY hustling the state CCW course…duh! Then the next worn out line is trotted out with a knowing nod “If you OC you’ll be the first to get shot, in fact you’ll be targeted” …what absolute tripe, I have only read of one incident that remotely resembles an OC’er being targeted. If anyone here has additional cases that are substantiated, please post them (substantiated being the key word here). Then he ole tried and true “My god you’ll scare people”…. nonsense, I OC everyday and have yet to have anyone call the police or run away screaming. Here in South Eastern AZ OC is fairly common, and excepted.

As one poster mentioned, bad guys don’t OC they CC. I never worry about the gun on a OC’ers hip, I worry about the gangbangers guns you can’t see, and they CC.

There have been several posts about licensing OC, a license to exercise your 2nd Amendment rights, have you people gone so far over the line of political correctness that you are swallowing that crap. It was not that many years ago, that OC was common and excepted, many of the opinions expressed on this thread by the advocates of CC are helping the anti gun folks. What is next a license to drink beer?

Folks the 2nd does not care whether you OC or CC, it is YOUR right to carry…period, it does not give weight to blowhards or their opinions. OC or CC per the 2nd is unimportant, what is important in that you have the right to carry. Exercise it as you wish.
    Instead of spending time whining about OC’ers, we would all be reaffirming our rights under the 2nd Amendment by pulling the wagon at the same time in the same direction to protect and strengthen all of our rights under the 2nd Amendment.

Just for clarification I do have CCW’s, but choose to exercise my rights to OC or CC as the occasion warrants, I decide, my choice.

Steve

7. OC is sadly not legal in my state, Texas. Of all possible places, can you believe it's not legal here?

I wouldn't choose to open carry even if it were legal, but I firmly believe in the right to do so.

8. Quote Originally Posted by .45acp View Post
    It is always interesting when the CC’ers get on their high horse (or hobby horses) and start to berate OC’ers with their “wisdom” of OC’ing. Of course the first thing that comes out is “My CCW instructor said no one should open carry” well of course he did, they make MONEY hustling the state CCW course…duh! Then the next worn out line is trotted out with a knowing nod “If you OC you’ll be the first to get shot, in fact you’ll be targeted” …what absolute tripe, I have only read of one incident that remotely resembles an OC’er being targeted. If anyone here has additional cases that are substantiated, please post them (substantiated being the key word here). Then he ole tried and true “My god you’ll scare people”…. nonsense, I OC everyday and have yet to have anyone call the police or run away screaming. Here in South Eastern AZ OC is fairly common, and excepted.

As one poster mentioned, bad guys don’t OC they CC. I never worry about the gun on a OC’ers hip, I worry about the gangbangers guns you can’t see, and they CC.

There have been several posts about licensing OC, a license to exercise your 2nd Amendment rights, have you people gone so far over the line of political correctness that you are swallowing that crap. It was not that many years ago, that OC was common and excepted, many of the opinions expressed on this thread by the advocates of CC are helping the anti gun folks. What is next a license to drink beer?

Folks the 2nd does not care whether you OC or CC, it is YOUR right to carry…period, it does not give weight to blowhards or their opinions. OC or CC per the 2nd is unimportant, what is important in that you have the right to carry. Exercise it as you wish.
    Instead of spending time whining about OC’ers, we would all be reaffirming our rights under the 2nd Amendment by pulling the wagon at the same time in the same direction to protect and strengthen all of our rights under the 2nd Amendment.

Just for clarification I do have CCW’s, but choose to exercise my rights to OC or CC as the occasion warrants, I decide, my choice.

Steve
    To keep this response simple. Do you think anyone who can purchase a handgun or any gun for that matter should be able to walk around in the public with it?

Jason
    Jason
    Michigan

I don't think anyone should be walking around with an AK or a shotgun, but if all the good guys banded together and OC'd all of the time, it would become common place and therefore remove all of the doubt.
    By refusing to be open about this, we're just re-affirming that Big Brother is still in charge.
    If the Gov. would concentrate on getting illegal guns out of the hands of the BG's, we wouldn't need to carry at all. I don't carry to protect myself from you when you choose to OC !

"A Right Unexercised is a Right Lost"

Texas

Summary
    Texas is not a traditional open carry state. They also do not allow open carry, or even printing, by those who have a concealed carry permit.
    OpenCarry.org - State Information For Texas
    Come-on Texans Remember the Alamo! get on your State Legislators!

"A Right Unexercised is a Right Lost"

OpenCarry.org - A Right Unexercised is a Right Lost! ...

"We don't suggest that people panic,
    because there hasn't been a problem with open-carry demonstrations in other cities."

Palo Alto, CA police Lt. Sandra Brown, Mercury News, March 5, 2010

"There's even an organization whose raison d'etre is promotion of open carry
    . . . OpenCarry.org. These are the shock troops of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."

Ceasefire NJ Director Brian Miller, NJ.com, August 20, 2009

"The anti-gun rights lobby's furor over the presence of guns
    near the president . . . is an attempt to somehow reverse the normalization of guns."

Professor Brandon Denning, Cumberland School of Law (Birmingham, AL),
    Christian Science Monitor, August 8, 2009

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketgeezer View Post
    Honestly I advocate concealed carry, But I really do not go to any extrordinary pains, if i bend over, or my shirt sticks, so what, OC is leagle here, whats kind of cool is, with your weapon is seen, or it is printing, people tend to leave you alone
    +1. I have noticed that too.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast