I don't get it - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: I don't get it

Quote Originally Posted by Boomboy007 View Post
    Nicely posited, Bohemian!

I was an officer for three years. In the state where I worked, open carry was legal. I saw people open carry all the time, and to be truthful, it did not bother me at all. However, I did have colleagues who resented the fact that "civilians" (they mistakenly believed that they were not) should not be allowed to carry weapons at all.

While I believed that I derived my authority from the badge on my chest, and chose to exercise that authority with great care, there are many who rather believe that their authority is derived from the tools of coercion on their belt (pistol, tazer, cuffs).

Trust me: Bad guys DO NOT wear their guns openly. Also, 99.9% of bad guys DO NOT have permits.

We never got a MWG (man with gun) call that did not also have some concurrent criminal activity involved. I am sure that, were we to receive a MWG call with no other information, the dispatcher would have notified the reporter that open carry of a firearm was not illegal.

I wished alot of others felt that way about law abiding citizens.

I hate one of my first posts here to be cannibalistic to my fellow 2a'ers, but I am having a hard time squaring those that question open carry with them being 2A supporters.

Ok, so some feel it is a tactical advantage. I get that. But isn't the greater argument here the right to CHOOSE? While some may not "get it", the ability to choose which carry option you prefer means a hell of a lot more than simply having one or another.

Not to mention, living in TX can be downright brutal this time of year. Open carry would be a great relief during the summer months.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadallis View Post
    to keep this response simple. Do you think anyone who can purchase a handgun or any gun for that matter should be able to walk around in the public with it?

Jason
    yes! If it's a legal purchase.
    The Most Important Thing That You Can Do In This Life, Is To Determine "WHERE" You Will "LIVE" In The Next Life.

Quote Originally Posted by .45acp View Post
    Either you fully support the 2nd Amendment rights or you don't...there is no but...
    You got that right!
    The Most Important Thing That You Can Do In This Life, Is To Determine "WHERE" You Will "LIVE" In The Next Life.

6. GO BLUE!!!! Mr.Glock

7. I think that a person needs instruction in current state laws and safety. That being for the carriers and public.
    I have taken numerous NRA classes and I feel that has helped me in many ways IMHO.

8. hi im art from newyork does anyone really understand the handgun laws here? because it sais you can do some things like hunting and stuff . just be real careful cause you could have your permit taken awayif you get caught with it in your car.hard to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by hammy22166 View Post
    hi im art from newyork does anyone really understand the handgun laws here? because it sais you can do some things like hunting and stuff . just be real careful cause you could have your permit taken awayif you get caught with it in your car.hard to understand.
    Federal and State Firearms Laws
    NRA-ILA ::

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456