Walther PPS or Glock for CC - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Walther PPS or Glock for CC

1. Quote Originally Posted by 901-Memphis View Post
    That is a good combo, i am sure it conceals well. I would just feel more comfortable with a higher capacity firearm.

How many spare magazines do you carry with you on average?
    Two, but one is in the truck. Sometimes I do carry both on me, but that is in the cooler weather. I've thought about ammo count, but I guess I just hope I never need more than what I have on me.

Compared to a Glock, the Walther is going to cost you $$$. I have the Glock 27 and it's a great little gun!

Quote Originally Posted by Lonestar 48 View Post
    Two, but one is in the truck. Sometimes I do carry both on me, but that is in the cooler weather. I've thought about ammo count, but I guess I just hope I never need more than what I have on me.
    Well 1 spare mag is better than none, although the likelihood of you needing to use more than 7 shots far exceeds the chance of ever even having to use your firearm. Also its nice to have a spare mag incase something is wrong with the magazine mechanically like the spring or getting bent.

My S&W is 14+1 and i carry 1 spare mag.

5. Quote Originally Posted by davisway View Post
    Hi all, I currently carry a Ruger SP101 .357 as my CC firearm. I like it because it is stainless and pretty durable, as someone put it "build like a Sherman tank". The .357 Mag has good stopping power too. The down side: The weight is a bit much.. 26 oz not loaded and also it is only a 5 shot and with the Hogue grips, it sticks out a bit..

I have been looking at several options to replace as my normal CC. The Walther PPS .40 cal and the Glock 27 .40 cal are the two that I have my eye on. I would prefer something around a .357 or 40 cal but size is a big issue. I would like to keep it sub compact. What are your thoughts & suggestions/recommendations???
    Thanks!
    PLEASE, PLEASE, get yourself a 45ACP. They come in compact packages nowadays. Less recoil than a 40 and you don't get over penetration with a full jacket, or total fragmentation with a hollow point. 230 grain ball ammo! perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by JackhammerScott View Post
    PLEASE, PLEASE, get yourself a 45ACP. They come in compact packages nowadays. Less recoil than a 40 and you don't get over penetration with a full jacket, or total fragmentation with a hollow point. 230 grain ball ammo! perfection.
    +1 Only way to go!
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

7. I'm going to split ranks and say if you have the money, go with the PPS... It's an awesome gun if you don't take money into account.

8. Quote Originally Posted by JackhammerScott View Post
    Oh gezz... just be a real man and get a .500 S&W Magnum. Every caliber has benefits and weak points. Not many .45's fit in a small pocket as nicely as a .380ACP.

Depends on how you plan to carry it. The PPS, could hide out well in a pocket holster because it's so thin....giving you the option of pocket carry or owb / iwb. Just my 2 cents.

So I know you only asked about the Walther and Glock, but I'd look at Kahr. They make a wide range of very thin handguns they designed specifically for cc. I decided on the CW9, but they make the same gun in .40 S&W (Kahr Arms / .40 S&W Models / CW40 Series) or (Kahr Arms / .40 S&W Models / P40 Series). The glock is much wider than either of these which I liked for conceal-ability. But if you're worried about number of rounds you can carry, glock is probably the better choice. I was leaning towards the glock 26 until I held the CW9 in my hand. I can carry 8+1 in the CW9, so I just carry an extra magazine. I'm not worried about running out of rounds though, but you may be.

11. Before you buy a sub-compact, polymer .40 caliber I would highly recommend shooting the guns you are considering. The difference in weight, from your current gun, will have a significant impact. Try to find a friend that has them or rent them at a local range.

I would especially recommend shooting from the CQB or Wing Guard position (see photo below). I'm fairly recoil-insensitive but this position with a .40 caliber tends to snap your wrist pretty good.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast