Walther PPS or Glock for CC
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Walther PPS or Glock for CC

Walther PPS or Glock for CC

Hi all, I currently carry a Ruger SP101 .357 as my CC firearm. I like it because it is stainless and pretty durable, as someone put it "build like a Sherman tank". The .357 Mag has good stopping power too. The down side: The weight is a bit much.. 26 oz not loaded and also it is only a 5 shot and with the Hogue grips, it sticks out a bit..

I have been looking at several options to replace as my normal CC. The Walther PPS .40 cal and the Glock 27 .40 cal are the two that I have my eye on. I would prefer something around a .357 or 40 cal but size is a big issue. I would like to keep it sub compact. What are your thoughts & suggestions/recommendations???
    Thanks!

Get the Glock.

There are plenty of accessories, magazines, holsters, etc.

The PPS mags are hard to find, and unbelievably expensive.

-Doc

While I don't carry a .40 cal I would strongly reccomend the Glock. I carry a G36 for every day carry and the darned thing has been 100% in every aspect. I don't think you would be dissapointed one bit
    State and local politicians should be on notice: the Second Amendment is a normal part of the Bill of Rights, and it is coming to your town.
    Attorney Alan Gura

1 vote for the Glock 27 here. Also consider other calibers and barrel lengths of Glocks that would be good for carry, like the G36 Subcompact

I vote Glock 27. Thats what i have and i love it.

Go to a gun store and get a feel for the guns. If you can find a gun range that lets you rent the guns first. I like the PPS but it is all personal preference. Just make sure you get what you want as return policies are almost non existent.

8. Very first post. I carry a Glock 36 every day as well. I wear a Cross Breed holster at about 4 o'clock and never have problems with it. Not too heavy or bulky, just right.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonestar 48 View Post
    Very first post. I carry a Glock 36 every day as well. I wear a Cross Breed holster at about 4 o'clock and never have problems with it. Not too heavy or bulky, just right.
    That is a good combo, i am sure it conceals well. I would just feel more comfortable with a higher capacity firearm.

How many spare magazines do you carry with you on average?

Quote Originally Posted by davisway View Post
    Hi all, I currently carry a Ruger SP101 .357 as my CC firearm. I like it because it is stainless and pretty durable, as someone put it "build like a Sherman tank". The .357 Mag has good stopping power too. The down side: The weight is a bit much.. 26 oz not loaded and also it is only a 5 shot and with the Hogue grips, it sticks out a bit..

I have been looking at several options to replace as my normal CC. The Walther PPS .40 cal and the Glock 27 .40 cal are the two that I have my eye on. I would prefer something around a .357 or 40 cal but size is a big issue. I would like to keep it sub compact. What are your thoughts & suggestions/recommendations???
    Thanks!
    Have you checked out the .357 SIG? The .357 SIG provides a self defense cartridge close in performance to a 125gr..357 Magnum, but from an automatic pistol with greater ammunition capacity.
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

You should always try both out at the range, but assuming you've already done so, go with the Glock.

I used to carry the 19 but have since switch to the 30.

Plenty of accessories and it will always go bang.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast