Floriduh law - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Floriduh law

Quote Originally Posted by marionandjohn View Post
    However reading JLC's post I would have to agree that secured carry in the car is for unlicensed car carry. Or am I still missing something else?
    I don't think riding for 8 hours with a pistol on my hip/digging in my back is a comfortable idea.
    Carrying a gun in a glove box or console or the trunk is the ONLY option for unlicensed. IF you are licensed, you can carry as stated above OR on your person.

The digging in the back is the reason I originally brought up the Glove Compartment/Console comment in the 1st place.. Sure you have the RIGHT to carry on your person, but sometimes, it's great to have the option!

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

3. I didnt find beaches parks or any place with a sign. I ask because I have head that some beaches have a no weapon sign posted. did I miss something or does that just not matter?
    Those signs don't matter and are not enforceable.

Florida has total statewide preemption and that includes local and county governments.
    Right now Lee County(Fort Myers) is hopefully in the process of taking down their illegal no gun signs off their beaches after a local attorney filed a protest in Tallahassee.

See this link:
    http://www.fox4now.com/Global/story.asp?S=13076711

Miami Beach and other cities still have these signs up.Ignore them and concealed carry freely with your FL CCW.The local political fools will never stop trying but their signs are meaningless.

Just got my carry in FL, DD 214, FLDL and $117 for 7 years and good in 33 states...far cry to what I went through in TX 1996. Also took 20 min for the eletronic fingerprints pic filling out the form on their computer. Had the card in 7 days, Mon-Mon.
    VietNam Vet...Vets Helping Vets

Airport transportation of a firearm

In addition to the TSA regs, I've heard that some airlines require that the weapon must be in a locked hard case with the action open (TSA doesn't require that), and also different from TSA, that you cannot have ammo in the same case with the firearm. Has anyone had personal experience having to comply with those "extra" requirements?

Quote Originally Posted by RenoDude50 View Post
    In addition to the TSA regs, I've heard that some airlines require that the weapon must be in a locked hard case with the action open (TSA doesn't require that), and also different from TSA, that you cannot have ammo in the same case with the firearm. Has anyone had personal experience having to comply with those "extra" requirements?
    I traveled from the West Coast last October (2009) on Frontier Airlines back to Florida.
    Rifle and Pistol in one locked case, unloaded, Box of ammo in manufacturers cardboard box. Fill out the form and place form inside the case..

I did have to wait at the ticket counter for about 10 minutes (Early morning in small airport) for the OK.. Presuming they x-rayed the box before releasing me to go to the gate to board the flight.

No mention of the actions being open, or anything about ammo.. They didn't even look in the case at the counter when I opened it to place the slip inside.

There was nothing at the far end either, just pick up the bag at the carousel like any other bag..

When I carry Long guns, I utilize a Bow case, my friend utilizes a Fender guitar case (that's been modified with foam on the inside). This reduces any anxiety onlookers may have.
    It's not necessary, but anything I can do to keep my profile down the better!!!

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Ok so the trip went with out a hitch. when I was going to the beaches I found it hard to conceal in my swim suit so I just unloaded and left in the car locked up and buried well. But I did notice that the Clam Pass beach in naples was posted stating a park ORD. it was posted via a gun buster sign and apparently banning semi auto pistols only and it looked like maybe a glock. I kept it concealed everywhere we went and overall it was a good trip.minus the sun burn.
    "The purpose of war is not to die for your country. The purpose of war is to ensure that the other guy dies for his country." - General Patton

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12