best thin profile CC - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: best thin profile CC

1. After some research I am looking at the Kahr pm9. Have it at a local shop, new, with case and two magazines for $500. Good deal?

Quote Originally Posted by HardCorps53 View Post
    I don't know much about Walther's but the PPS looks like it might be what you're looking for. Comes in 9mm and .40 - 0.91 inches wide. Accepts 6, 7, or 8 round mags - extended mags act as grip extenders instead of just sticking out the bottom.

Walther PPS - Police Pistol Slim
    When it comes to thin, the PPS is tough to beat. The local shop sells them for $639.

The Kahr is a great weapon, and the PM fits the bill size wise, and for 500 and two mags, I would jump on it, but it is a small gun, recoil will be more than noticable, my wife and I have PT-709s, and now they make a PT-740, same size gun, they are prefered for complete concealment, along with a good compliment of Glocks, and Rugers,

Without bursting the new tech bubble, my favorite 9mm thin pistol was my S&W M39-3. I am medium framed and I carried one of those concealed for three years. Plus the pistol never failed me on the range or on duty.

Jerry
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    North American Hunting Club Life Member
    Crossbow Nation

I thought about what was mentioned at the beginning of this thread, has a J Frame ben considered? I carry mine in a hoilster that fits in the front pocket of my jeans or in the small of my back.

There are many J Frame sized pistols out there, some are small cannons, some are small cannons that shoot like big connons.
    Try firing a 12 ounce J frame in 357 Mag for the first time.

Jerry
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    North American Hunting Club Life Member
    Crossbow Nation

7. Even if USED, that PM9 for $500 is a steal. Jump on it. I don't know why folks mention its recoil, though. IMO, its recoil is MUCH less than that of an LCP or Kel Tec P3AT and KTec PF9. WAY LESS! Its recoil is even less than that of the Sig P238 that I traded for the PM9. I have a PM9, CW9 and a CW45 and if I could have only one, because of dependability, accuracy and the ability to CC, it'd be the PM9. I DO shoot my CW45 a little better, though. The PM9 is an awesome little gun and just small enough to comfortably pocket carry. $500? Jump on it!

I carry the new Taurus TCP in .380. It's small, drops into my front pants pocket and is light enough to not drag my pants down. And a gun of this gun size doesn't require a wardrobe change, it goes with everything.

While .380 is minimum caliber for defense it's better than nothing IMHO.

Kahr PM9

Quote Originally Posted by erock33 View Post
    After some research I am looking at the Kahr pm9. Have it at a local shop, new, with case and two magazines for $500. Good deal?
    I'm pretty sure that is a very good deal, erock33.

The PM9 will be great to conceal, the trigger is nice and smooth, and the machining is precise (read "tight tolerances, so definitely do the recommended 200 round break-in"). It is not exactly a range gun, as I think it the light weight will allow it to recoil more, but you should be able to fire 50 rounds at a time without problem.

I have the Kahr MK9 (stainless steel version of same size gun = heavier). I LOVE it. Because it is a self-defense gun, I clean it weekly, and keep it well-lubricated. Load it with Corbon DPX. Sometimes picky about ammo, but NEVER a hiccup with the Corbon DPX.

Good luck, and let us know if you got it and how you like it!

Quote Originally Posted by eaccents View Post
    I have the Kahr MK9 (stainless steel version of same size gun = heavier). I LOVE it.
    How do you carry your MK9? Is it too heavy for a pocket?
    An armed society is a polite society.

Kahr MK9

Quote Originally Posted by shootin.targets View Post
    How do you carry your MK9? Is it too heavy for a pocket?
    Shootin.targets: personally I think the MK9 is too heavy to POCKET carry. I carry IWB @ 2 o'clock very comfortably. I do have to hoist my pants back up periodically during the day but it isn't a motion that would be any different (noticeable) from anyone else's whose pants were sliding.

I have an HK USP9 compact in polymer which I bought 1st. I love it but I realized with the MK9 that the heavier gun--especially with the comfortable shape of the Kahr grip--is just easier and more pleasurable to shoot.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast