best thin profile CC
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: best thin profile CC

1. best thin profile CC

I am looking for a good, reliable thin profile CC pistol. I currently have a Springfield Sub XD 9mm but, to me it so too thick to fully conceal. I can easily see a bulge uder my shirt when I have it . I guess I am just wondering if any company makes a nice THIN and easily concealable 9 or 40 or 45 that actually can be concealed in just jeans with a shirt covering it? Any suggestions?

Taurus 9mm PT 709.
    Thats what I carry, wearing t shirt and jeans.

Try a Kahr.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Ruger, Kahr and sig come to mind.
    Last edited by sFe; 08-28-2010 at 10:37 PM. Reason: .
    For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan .When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours - Stephen Roberts

6. I dont know maybe I am asking too much..the width of the XD sub is about 1" for the barrel and slightly over 1" for the grip but it just seems so damn bulky under my shirt. Are there 9, 40, 45 ;s on the market that are thinner than that and easier to conceal?

Quote Originally Posted by erock33 View Post
    I dont know maybe I am asking too much..the width of the XD sub is about 1" for the barrel and slightly over 1" for the grip but it just seems so damn bulky under my shirt. Are there 9, 40, 45 ;s on the market that are thinner than that and easier to conceal?
    1911's

IMO they are among the easiest to conceal well, especially the 4" or 4.25" (commander) guns. I generally carry a 5" Government model and have no problem with CC...down here in AZ I mostly OC, but the 1911 is a snap to CC.

Steve

8. Quote Originally Posted by erock33 View Post
    I am looking for a good, reliable thin profile CC pistol. I currently have a Springfield Sub XD 9mm but, to me it so too thick to fully conceal. I can easily see a bulge uder my shirt when I have it . I guess I am just wondering if any company makes a nice THIN and easily concealable 9 or 40 or 45 that actually can be concealed in just jeans with a shirt covering it? Any suggestions?
    A recondisiond Colt model 1908 .380 hammerless is the flatest gun you can get if you go with a auto-loader. A S+W airwieght chambered for 38+P is great! I prefer a wheel gun for reliability if one ever needed to use it.

handguns for CC

I carry a Kahr IWB @ 2-230 clock position wearing a plain cotton T-shirt and shorts. The only thing I have to pay attention to in terms of dress is to make sure the T-shirt isn't snug at the waist and hips (I'm a woman).

To conceal easily (on most body types), you want your gun to be THIN and the GRIP to be SHORT. The length of the barrel doesn't seem to matter so much (as evidenced by those who can conceal a 5" 1911 style handgun)

Other thin guns to consider (9mm or bigger):
    Sig P239
    Walther PPS
    1911 style

10. Kel-Tec PF 9 or a P11. I carry the P11. These are good bang for your buck CC guns. You can get a P11 after taxes for around $270.00. They are not in the same quality classification as Kimber, Kahr, Sig, etc. but after a good fluff and buff a good gun with great customer service. I have over 2000 rounds through mine with not a problem but I did do my own trigger job and polish of all moving parts which you wouldn't have to do with the high dollar compacts.

10 -9mm in the mag and one in the tube.

+1 on on .45acp's comments. Not knowing your budget, I don't know if you would consider a Nighthawk Custom Lady Hawk (1911 9mm). It claims to have the thinnest grip possible in a 1911.

NH-LH1 - Lady Hawk - Custom Guns - - Detail

While I was initially attracted to the Lady Hawk, I eventually ordered a Wilson Combat Ms. Sentinel for cc because it's smaller (not thinner) and lighter.

MS. SENTINEL

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast