Multiple State Non Resident (Maximizing coverage) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Multiple State Non Resident (Maximizing coverage)

Quote Originally Posted by svelectric View Post

Until that time, I'm "collecting" non res permits to maximize my number of states, even if it only gains me 1 state. I won't apply for 1 that doesn't add a state, but I've applied for a few that only add 1, mainly for the principle of getting "permitted" in as many states as possible. By 1/1/11 I think I'll be up to 36. :) IF WI gets CC, could go up by 4 more (CO, MI, SC usually only honor resident permits).
    You already mentioned CT....also in the New England area:

MA will give you MA. From what I understand it's easier for a non-res to get it than a resident. Drawbacks: 1. have to make an appearance for interview, 2. It's only good for 1 yr.

RI will give you RI. By "word of law" it is Shall Issue, but they require a "good reason"...which sounds discretionary to me....and I think you'd have to pick it up in person.

Max coverage..

Yea, I looked into what it would take to get multiple non-resident licenses.. For me it didn't come out as cost effective. I was fortunate in that when I signed up for and took my Kansas course (my state of residence) my instructors also happens to be certified by the state of Florida, and part of the deal was you received a requisite training certificate for Florida in addition to the Kansas cert. I didn't even know to look for something like that, and couldn't understand why I would even want or need it... I soon got it :-).. So I got both the KS resident and Florida NON-resident.. Florida looks to be one of the better non-resident licenses. Currently the Florida Non resident is recognized in 31 states (resident in 4 additional states). Kansas' is recognized in 25 states. With the two combined I have 36 states that recognize one or both of my CC licensees. The best I could do beyond that would be to add about a state per non-resident permit/license... And really, for me what I have works well for where I travel..
    Last edited by GuyNAndover; 09-11-2010 at 03:03 PM. Reason: correct error

For the SC folks, SC resident plus Florida = 34 states, and certainly the ones I care about.

NOTE: Order the Florida package. They provide the fingerprint card that you "must" use. Actually you could probably just type the Florida stuff on the card, but that would introduce the possibility of getting it rejected. That package is free. I ordered two (in case I made a mistake) and sent off my check yesterday.

Best to all,
    I

5. I just received my FL permit, was EXTREMELY fast to get, like 2-3 weeks. I ordered the packet from their website as well. Well done indeed.

svelectric did you do the Live Scan fingerprints or did you send in the card that came with the packet? if you used the card from the packet and it came back that fast I hope that mine will too!

Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    For the SC folks, SC resident plus Florida = 34 states, and certainly the ones I care about.

NOTE: Order the Florida package. They provide the fingerprint card that you "must" use. Actually you could probably just type the Florida stuff on the card, but that would introduce the possibility of getting it rejected. That package is free. I ordered two (in case I made a mistake) and sent off my check yesterday.

Best to all,
    I
    It took me over 100 days through the mail BUT had to send them additional proof of gun safety course (DD-214) and that was acceptable. Had my prints done a CHS CTY lock up off Leeds. Nice people, at least on the outside. Good luck with it!
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

8. I used the card that came in the packet, had to get them done at my local PD. I used my current Military ID as my proof of firearms safety. It was darn fast.

Apparently, AZ will issue a permit via the mail.
    I just sent my application in using my DD-214 as the safety qualification. My local PD did the print card.

I had sent the AZ DPS an email requesting info on a mail in app and they asked for my address so they could mail me one.
    I'll post when the permit arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Dog View Post
    Apparently, AZ will issue a permit via the mail.
    I just sent my application in using my DD-214 as the safety qualification. My local PD did the print card.

I had sent the AZ DPS an email requesting info on a mail in app and they asked for my address so they could mail me one.
    I'll post when the permit arrives.

When AZ went Constitutional Carry, they added more options for "competency class". Prior to that bill, I do believe you had to take the class in AZ.

So, does my DD214 count as proof of training for most non-resident permits?

I have my SC class certificate, just curious about the DD214.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast