Citizen Encounter - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Citizen Encounter

Wht else can be said.......................... Wierd!!!!!
    NRA,NYCCW,PALTCF,FLCCW,ARCCW,DCM,NYSRPA,SCOPE

3. Weird is the word...hahahaha...CC for25 years never had to say want to see my permit or call the law..Bahahaha....We must remember thatsince its so easy to get a concealed handgun lic that every tom **** and henrietta is doing it. Scary......Hell in OR you dont have to qualify with your weapon like a lot of other states. So theres lots of 21 year old's ect buying and carrying guns now just out of puberty...Again scary and weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Z0_RICK View Post
    WIERD AND TROLLISH ?
    Where do you get off ?
    Hey, I did say I didn't know if you were legit or not.

Your post just came off strange. First, it was your first post. It's usually good to introduce yourself before firing off a post. Second, you used all sorts of foul language. That's not common on this forum. Third, you did a bunch of crazy stuff (reached for weapon, showed CWP, etc.).

Call me paranoid, but for me it read like some sort of anti-gun bait questioning. But I am a little paranoid.

So, my apologies if you are for real. It will take a few posts before I trust you, just because you are new. Hope you don't take too much offense.

5. Yes I am for real. I know i made a few mistakes but nobody got hurt. No one saw my weapon and. Yes i should have never admitted to having it. It all happened so fast. Luckily i stopped my draw when i did or someone would have been fatally injured. yea they were stupid to pull up like they did and have the passenger bail directly at me.To show them and any witnesses that i was legit i showed my permit. No one was close enough to even read it. I offered to call the POLICE and they declined to have that done. Like i said at the end of the day nobody got shot.

Yes i have never posted on here before, i mainly read. I thought this was important to share. I am registered on numerous car forums. I can post there till my fingers fall off. i have no need to stir crap here. IT IS ALL TRUE.

I have run this by several friends that have CCW's and they pretty much would have done the same thing.

oH.....Wierd stuff happens in my little town- LAS VEGAS NEVADA.
    http://www.fox5vegas.com/news/22539618/detail.html

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/t...f4L0ss1Wc?q=us

6. Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    Hey, I did say I didn't know if you were legit or not.

Your post just came off strange. First, it was your first post. It's usually good to introduce yourself before firing off a post. Second, you used all sorts of foul language. That's not common on this forum. Third, you did a bunch of crazy stuff (reached for weapon, showed CWP, etc.).

Call me paranoid, but for me it read like some sort of anti-gun bait questioning. But I am a little paranoid.

So, my apologies if you are for real. It will take a few posts before I trust you, just because you are new. Hope you don't take too much offense.
    1 SH--
    1 AS_____

This is all sorts of foul language ? 2 words.

Let's keep to the facts please.

You know, I want to say something to all you so called "experts" out there that want to criticize other folks who ask questions. What's the point of these forums if you guys look for all the negative instead of just answering the question or ignoring it all together. You guys are total tools. When these things come up they are new to some of us. So what if it was discussed before or you dealt with this 10years ago. This is my last post on this site. I can't believe that I thought we were all on the same team here. "fool me twice". Maybe its just my 22yrs in the Army and helping folks no matter what that motivates me. But, Jeez, some of you are just bad Human beings. Good luck with that.

The whole things seems a bit odd but plausible. MYSELF, I definitely would have positioned my body in a stance that would accommodate cover and ability for a clean draw. Probably would have moved around to the rear quarter panel. As for presentation, depended on the advancing person. If I see nothing in his hands, I really can't see drawing. Once you told them you're not interested, that would be the end of the interaction. Someone yelling " That guy has a gun ! " was strictly an assumption if your OP is correct. As for showing your Permit like it's some kind of badge, I would refrain. I would ONLY present it to a LEO and or possibly, as earlier posted, someone that needed reassurance that you can legally possess in their business. As for a follow up on the people selling, I definitely would have wrote all descriptions, make/model and called it in to the Police, non emergency. They could have been armed as well and back down due to their assumption of you ability to defend yourself.
    JUST my view of it per your OP.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by caliyanks View Post
    You know, I want to say something to all you so called "experts" out there that want to criticize other folks who ask questions. What's the point of these forums if you guys look for all the negative instead of just answering the question or ignoring it all together. You guys are total tools. When these things come up they are new to some of us. So what if it was discussed before or you dealt with this 10years ago. This is my last post on this site. I can't believe that I thought we were all on the same team here. "fool me twice". Maybe its just my 22yrs in the Army and helping folks no matter what that motivates me. But, Jeez, some of you are just bad Human beings. Good luck with that.
    Come on, CY, stick around for more than 7 posts! I'm the paranoid guy that got all the action started on this thread. It's actually a pretty rare occurrence. Just that we had two really strange first posts in the same day, and my radar went off.

I've straightened it out with the OP and everything is cool. We ARE all on the same team. So hang in there. Based on what you have already written, we can sure use you on this site.

10. It seems like the OP was asking for some critique on how he handled the situation, and he got some great information in return. I know there is a tendency for veteran posters on forums to look at newbies or low post people with their radar up, and that is fine. I think this might only be my 3rd post here; I forgot to look before I started typing and I'm to lazy to start over. In my case, I'm new here, but not to concealed carry, guns, or forums like this, and I try to appreciate everything I read.

My general rule is that I don't even tell friends about my CHL or my current carry status, let alone someone pulling up in a car. I will say that similar incidents have happened down here in Fort Worth, where a car pulled up to a single shopper in the parking lot and the individual was robbed. Main points; don't show and always have your radar on!

11. Quote Originally Posted by Z0_RICK View Post
    The rear passenger asks me if i want to buy some perfume and i say no. Due to some wierd shootings in my city lately.
    So, due to some weird shootings in your city lately you didn't want any perfume? Makes perfect sense to me.........

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast