Citizen Encounter
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Citizen Encounter

1. Citizen Encounter

I will take all input here.....
    This is what happened today.
    Around 12 noon. Grocery store parking lot.
    It is around 92f. I am dressed in a t shirt,and shorts. I am returning to my car with a grocery cart, I open my trunk and am about to put my groceries away as a small sedan with all windows down pulls up beside me less than 15 ft away. 3 individuals are inside. Female driver 120 lbs around 30 or so. 1 male passenger in the front around 15-18 yrs 6 ft. 1 male in rear 15-17 5'9 probably 160 pounds.
    The rear passenger asks me "Do you wear fragerance ?" Simultaniously the male in the front passenger seat suddenly exists towards me. AT THIS POINT I PUT MY HAND NEAR MY WEAPON. I am kind of sideways so they cannot see a buldge or print. Just my hand at my side. The passenger then turns to my right and goes away. The rear passenger yells " That guy has a gun ! " The female in the driver's seat says "I have 2 kids." I say- "THERE HAS BEEN ALOT OF WEIRD **** HAPPENING AROUND HERE LATELY AND YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING!" At this point i put my hands in front of me. The rear passenger asks me if i want to buy some perfume and i say no. Due to some wierd shootings in my city lately. I explain that i am going to show my ccw permit . Mistake on my part. I ask them if they want to call the POLICE and they say nothing. I am again asked if i want to buy purfume and i say- "NO. NOT INTERESTED." At this point they pull foreward into another parking spot aroung 30 ft away. I get in my car and as i am about to leave......I hear the Female driver yell "******* !" I wait about 30 seconds and just drive away. I am considering calling my local CCW detail and reporting this. Who knows what she may have told the others about what happened.

I realize i should not have admitted to having a gun as they could not see a bulge or an exposed weapon.
    All they saw was my hand on my hip. I felt i should have showed my permit (which they could not read anway. to show that at least i was legal.

Had that passenger not exited so quickly i would have never started to reach..

AT THE END OF THE DAY NO ONE GOT SHOT AND I AM STILL ALIVE.

That's two weird first posts today (the other one is from the guy posting on the "ranges in SC" thread, asking where he should shoot his 22LR. He says he has PTSD and only shooting rounds down range helps.

I think we need an intro section. And I think the MOD should check the IPs for both these weird, trollish posts.

To the OP, I don't know if you are legit or not, but that is a weird first post.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    That's two weird first posts today (the other one is from the guy posting on the "ranges in SC" thread, asking where he should shoot his 22LR. He says he has PTSD and only shooting rounds down range helps.

I think we need an intro section. And I think the MOD should check the IPs for both these weird, trollish posts.

To the OP, I don't know if you are legit or not, but that is a weird first post.
    WIERD AND TROLLISH ?
    Where do you get off ?

I would not have told them that I had a ccw. I amnot familiar with the term "ccw detail" as you are using it. Would have gotten car license plate # if possible and let police know what happened. About the only time I will announce that I have a ccw is if for some lawful reason I have to pull it. Will go something like this, "License to carry freeze, I am a good guy" Hopefuly that lets any leo and other citizen in hearing range know that I am a good guy. Was going through Kentucky once in very cold weather. My car has a great heater, so I did not wear my coat in the car. Going into the store my pistol fell to the floor. The clerk was a little scared. Told her I had a ccw, picked up the pistol and put it away. Told her if she wanted to go ahead and call the police, I would wait for them. We talked and it ended ok. She had been robbed before.

Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post

I'm with Islander on this one. "I'll show you my permit?" "Do you want to call the police?!?"

WTF?

7. To answer the question CCW DETAIL? That is the Concealed Carry Detail of my local police. I did get a partial on the plate.

Thanks for the info.

Weird, weird, weird but, since I do believe there are a lot of tools out there that have permits I give it the benefit of the doubt. If you approach me in a parking lot like that you will get told “Do NOT come any closer.” I never would have mentioned the gun or the permit I just would have said ‘Go way now.”
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Z0_RICK View Post
    To answer the question CCW DETAIL? That is the Concealed Carry Detail of my local police. I did get a partial on the plate.

Thanks for the info.
    My permit / license is issued by the Dept of Public Safety in Texas. Out of curiosity What does the Concealed Carry Detail of your dept. do?

Thanks

10. They do all the backround checks , process and issue the CCW Permits.

11. Sometimes I just wonder about posts by newbies ( 1 - 10 posts). They have some outlandish posts. I have been carrying for years with no problems. Yep ya sure gotta scratch yer head on some.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast